twenty-four ☆ senior trip

OCTOBER
of twenty-nineteen

narrator's pov.

"i heard they're announcing the senior trip today," elena whispered to corbyn, waiting for the morning announcements to come on.

after standing up for the pledge of allegiance, a representative of the a.v. club began to speak over the loudspeakers, "good morning, oakland high, today we have many important announcements."

at first, the student talked about insignificant events to elena and her friends, but their attention immediately drew to when he talked about the senior trip, "and now, what you all have probably been waiting for, the senior class trip for this year has been decided. the seniors will be heading to honolulu, hawaii this year!"

the upperclassmen immediately cheered, and resumed to listening to the announcements, "more details will come soon, but the confirmed dates for the trip are friday, may eighth, 2020 to friday, may fifteenth, 2020. seniors, don't forget, you're welcome to request an extra reservation ticket for an extra guest."

elena smiled, "alright, so we need two extra reservation tickets for presley and me."

corbyn rolled his eyes, "don't bring her up right now."

"huh?" elena asked, "what's wrong with presley?"

"n-nevermind," corbyn stuttered.

elena shrugged, and continued to daydream about the trip. she was excited to spend time with her friends in such a beautiful place, but then she realized something, "oh my, this trip is going to be so expensive."

"we're going to have to fundraise a lot," corbyn agreed.

elena sulked, and thought about all the money she would have to pay for the trip.

...

a / n :

shoutout to my girls brianna, dacha, anna, and victoria for giving me some extra inspiration for this story! <3