forty-nine ☆ the most beautiful girl in the world

FEBRUARY
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

presley threw her phone across her room, and anger filled her heart. she was so mad that jack just decided to break up with her, and it wasn't handled in a mature way.

however, the anger she felt for jack quickly turned into sorrow, and her throat felt tight and it hurt when she tried to swallow. one tear after another, they dropped from her eyes as she stiffly stood on top of her floor while the tears just continued to flow. she felt like couldn't move at all... as if her body were paralyzed.

eventually, the brunette sat on her bed, and continued to cry. she buried her head in her legs, and her chest jumped every time she tried to breathe. presley's mind raced to think of sometime to reach out to, but she could only think of one certain person. she dialed that person's phone number, and luckily, he picked up after only two rings.

"hello?" corbyn asked.

"c-corbyn," presley sobbed, "can y-you come o-over?"

"oh god, presley, are you okay?" corbyn gasped, his heart falling to his stomach when he heard his best friend cry.

presley shook her head, "no, i-i'm not okay. please just come here."

"i'll be there in three minutes," corbyn declared, hanging up as he sprinted out of his house.

the blond boy immediately drove to presley's neighborhood, and ran out of his car when he was parked in front of the winters residence. margaret invited corbyn inside, and right away, he headed up to presley's room.

he knocked on the door, "pres? can i come in?"

after getting no reply, corbyn slowly turned the doorknob. he saw presley lying on her carpet, and only moved when her chest jumped due to her breathing.

"oh my god..." corbyn muttered.

once presley saw her best friend, she used all of the strength she had in her weak body to stand up and immediately embrace him.

"corbyn," presley whispered, hugging his torso as tight as possible, "i'm so glad you came."

the blond boy immediately returned they hug, and held presley's head with the back of his hand as she buried her face in his chest. his chin laid on top of her brown hair, and he couldn't bear seeing her in such a state of distress.

"what's wrong, pres?" corbyn asked, his voice so soft it was practically a whisper.

he wiped the tears off presley's face with his thumb, and she replied, "j-jack broke up with me."

"i swear to god i'm going to kill that guy one day," corbyn mumbled, shaking his head, "did he hurt you?"

presley pointed to her chest, "only my heart."

the blond boy pulled her into another hug. he ran his hands through her brown hair as she continued to cry in his chest. corbyn lifted her chin up with his pointer finger so the two would make eye contact, and he planted a loving kiss on her forehead. he didn't care that presley's hair was messed up and her eyes were red, she was still the most beautiful girl in the world to him.

"maybe we should talk about it?" corbyn suggested.

presley nodded, and sat down on her bed, "okay, so things between jack and i have started getting weird every since what happened at full moon pizza. we stopped talking as often, and i just didn't like that. so... i texted him about it, and he started blaming you guys for being the reason we're on the rocks. he claims that if rose didn't supposedly lie about jonah and if you and daniel didn't find jonah and jack, this wouldn't be happening."

"he's such a douche," corbyn murmured, "wait, were you... in love with him?"

presley shrugged, "i don't really know. i guess we weren't together long enough for me to feel that strong for him. i'm just hurt that our breakup wasn't handled in a mature way. i mean, over text? seriously?"

"don't worry, presley, i'm here for you. and once daniel, elena, and rose find out they'll be here for you too," corbyn reassured, "and just so you know, there's nothing wrong with you. you're beautiful, kind, intelligent, funny, caring, you name it. just know that you gave your all in your relationship with jack, and as a matter of fact, it's definitely his loss."

presley smiled, "thank you, corbie. i really needed that."

...