sixty-one ☆ landing in hawaii

MAY
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

at six in the morning, all of the students attending the senior trip made their way to the oakland high school auditorium. they were to take a forty-five minute bus ride to the airport, and then a six hour air trip to honolulu.

ever since elena's birthday party, the two friend groups became on fairly good terms again. however, it was just elena and her original friend group that had bad blood.

after the forty-five minute bus ride, the students had began the process at the airport. once they were all checked by security and verified for their plane tickets, they made their way to their gate and waited an hour before boarding.

"hey, want to grab some food with me?" zach whispered to elena, earning a nod from her.

hand-in-hand, the couple walked over to some of the airport restaurants. rosaline, presley, corbyn, and daniel were watching a movie on corbyn's laptop while jack, june, and presley were lounging in the seating area.

"let's go talk to them," june suggested, "maybe knock some sense into them to forgive elena."

"yeah, i second that," jack agreed, "this trip will be ass if they're all fighting. i'm surprised we're not involved in the drama for once."

the three walked over to the oakland group, causing corbyn to pause my babysitter's a vampire, "what's up?"

"you guys have to forgive elena," june declared.

presley raised an eyebrow, "look, i know we're all friends again, but what gives you the right to tell us what to do?"

"because elena is our friend too, and if you guys don't fix this entire situation, then you're all going to have a terrible trip," jack explained.

"she has a new group... aka you guys," rosaline pointed out.

"we all know that you guys haven't been the same since you stopped being friends with her," june pointed out, crossing her arms.

"well, yes, i haven't been the same because one of my best friends just ditched us. do you know the pain of someone that you care about just... leaving you?" presley scoffed.

"i know exactly how that feels," jonah mumbled, causing everybody to look at him.

"uh, anyways..." rosaline started, "atticus mitchell is waiting for me, so we have to resume the movie. good talk."

-

after landing in hawaii, the students headed to their hotel. however, before going into their rooms, the main nine discussed how they would be settled.

"sorry not sorry, but i refuse to share a room with elena and zach," rosaline stated, "it has nothing to do with our friendship, but they're going to be cuddling and giggling and kissing and whatnot all night, and i do not want to be present for that."

"well, we only have three rooms," june pointed out, "how about jonah, daniel, and me in one room... rose, jack, and corbyn in another... and presley, zach, and elena?"

"hell no," presley disagreed, "i'm not staying in a room with elena."

the dark-haired girl frowned, and held onto zach's arm. she felt terrible that one of her best friends despised her so much.

"how about zach and elena in their own room?" corbyn suggested, "and in another it's presley, daniel, rose, and me... and jack, june, and jonah in the other one."