forty-five ☆ i want pizza

JANUARY
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

winter break had ended, and school at oakland and pineland high returned for its regular session. elena and presley crowded around rosaline's locker, and watched her unpack her belongings from her book bag.

"alright, it's a new year, and a completely new decade," elena started, "how are we all feeling?"

"i have a lot of positivity for this new year," presley answered, "what about you, rosie?"

rosaline shrugged, "i'm still heated about jonah. plus, his friends basically hate me now."

"ugh, now that you bring it up, i'm mad," presley groaned, "i can't believe june is sticking up for that lying and heartless bi—"

"whoa, whoa, language," elena pointed out, "rose, don't you think you and jonah should talk things out? you know, try to see the entire situation eye-to-eye?"

"if i ever see him again, i might end up punching him in the face," rosaline declared, shutting her locker.

"you're bound to see him eventually, especially at the senior trip. you guys just can't avoid each other," elena added.

daniel and corbyn appeared, both of their backpacks hanging off one shoulder as they talked about the statistics homework they both procrastinated all of break to do the night prior. before heading to their lockers, they stopped at rosaline's.

"what're we talking about?" corbyn asked.

"rose and jonah," presley answered, "rose and i agree that jonah is a di— i mean, bad person. however, elena wants the two to makeup."

"ugh, this again?" daniel groaned, "can we just accept that jonah is terrible?"

"i second that," corbyn agreed, high-fiving daniel, "come on, elena. he did rose so dirty."

"yeah, but i still think they should talk things out because this breakup is just ruining all of our friendships," elena sighed, "june and presley don't agree, jack probably hates rose, and you all can't stand jonah. that's not healthy for any of our friendships with them, and that's probably not good for any of the relationships like june and corbyn, and jack and presley."

"well, if jonah didn't act the way he did, then this entire situation wouldn't have happened," daniel declared, "anyways, i want pizza."

"pizza at seven-thirty in the morning?" rosaline asked, "you're weird."

"no, i mean later," daniel responded.

"you want the school pizza for lunch? that's disgusting, bro," corbyn groaned, pretending to vomit.

daniel rolled his eyes, "no, i meant i want pizza after school. let's go to full moon pizza when school is over."

"i don't know, i'm probably going to have a ton of homework," rosaline disagreed.

"come on, rosie, just come with us," elena urged, "maybe it'll help take your mind off jonah?"

"yeah," daniel agreed, "plus, it'll be just like old times from sophomore year. just us five hanging out at full moon pizza."

"alright, fine, i'll go," rosaline gave in.

-

"is anyone else craving full moon pizza, or is it just me?" june asked, walking down the hallway between third and fourth period with zach, jack, and jonah.