five ☆ i think you're talented

AUGUST
of twenty-nineteen

narrator's pov.

right when school ended, elena headed to the sunflower field. with hopes of seeing zach, she made her way to where he normally was seen, and to her fortune, he was sitting at his usual spot on the dirt.

however, instead of being lost in his thoughts while staring at the ground, zach was holding something.

a camera.

he adjusted the lens and tilted the camera upward to get the perfect angle of the sunflower on top of him. elena squealed, and walked right in front of where zach positioned his camera. he gasped, and put the camera down.

"i had no idea you like photography!" elena remarked, jumping up and down.

"um, no i don't," zach lied, trying to hide his camera.

elena raised an eyebrow, "i literally just saw you taking a picture of that sunflower."

zach rolled his eyes, "nobody knows i like photography, so can you please keep it a secret?"

elena nodded, and sat down in front of him, "how long have you done photography?"

zach shrugged, "i started liking it since middle school, and i saved up a ton of money to buy a really nice camera. i got this one about two years ago."

the dark-haired girl smiled, "can i see some of the pictures you've taken?"

zach nodded, and pressed the play button to show elena his original photos. he had many pictures of sunflowers, rocks, and the grass. elena was in awe with all of zach's pictures, and he smiled as he stared at the girl. he kept going through all the pictures, but one of them stuck out to elena.

"who's that girl?" elena asked, pointing at the blonde girl on zach's LCD screen.

zach's eyes widened when he looked at the screen, and quickly turned his camera off, "um, n-nobody."

elena just shrugged at his sudden movements, and continued to watch him put away his camera, "how come nobody knows you do photography?"

zach shrugged, "i guess i've never really talked about it."

"are you in your school's yearbook club?" elena asked, earning a head shake from zach, "you should totally join!"

"i don't really know," zach admitted, "i have a separate instagram account for my photography."

"really? what is it?" elena questioned.

"um, it's zdhphotos," he whispered.

elena's head perked up, "wait, you're that account? no way!"

"huh?" zach inquired, watching elena scramble through her phone.

she pulled up his account, and saw that she had already been following him.

"i've been following you for a while!" elena remarked, "i saw one of your pictures of a sunflower on my explore page."

"wow, i didn't know i was slightly popular on instagram," zach pointed out, smiling.

"slightly?" elena scoffed, "your photography account almost has ten thousand followers!"

elena showed him her phone, and pointed out that she had already double-tapped on almost all of his posts.

-

liked by elenacarmen, and 4,838 otherszdhphotos in a room full of art, i would still stare at you

zdhphotos in a room full of art, i would still stare at you.
comments have been disabled...

-

liked by elenacarmen, and 5,098 otherszdhphotos her heart bloomed sunflowers, so she would always face the light

zdhphotos her heart bloomed sunflowers, so she would always face the light.
comments have been disabled...

-

"i think you're talented, zach," elena declared, "you can totally go to school for photography."

"i wish," zach sighed, "my parents want me to be a businessman when i'm older."

"i love your photos. do you think you can take pictures of me some day?" elena requested.

"oh, y-yeah," zach stuttered, "just let me know whenever you want to have a photoshoot."

elena smiled, "what's your number?"

"you want my number?" zach asked.

"duh, how else am i supposed to text you when i want to take pictures?" elena laughed.

she passed him her phone, and he put in his contact information.

maybe making friends isn't so bad, zach thought, smiling to himself.

...