twenty-two ☆ we both lost someone

OCTOBER
of twenty-nineteen

narrator's pov.

"i had a really great friend," zach started, "her name was alayna."

"alayna? so i have the same name as her?" elena inquired.

zach shook his head, "hers was spelled a-l-a-y-n-a. yours is spelled e-l-e-n-a. also, you don't have the same name was her. you had the same name."

"why the past tense?" elena questioned, "i'm confused."

"she's, u-um," zach stuttered, "she's dead."

elena's face dropped, "i-i'm so sorry, zach."

"i knew alayna since third grade, and we met at a summer camp," zach began to explain, "our parents got to know each other, and she was my best friend. she lived forty minutes away, so none of my current friends really knew her that well."

zach felt his voice begin to shake, and his eyes slowly began to get watery, "we did everything together. we had sleepovers, family vacations, and so much more. however, when we got to junior year, it's like everything had changed. we began to become way more distant, and that sucked. maybe because we were so busy? i still don't know. it was so hard not being able to talk to alayna... because i was in love with her."

"for how long were you in love with her?" elena asked, her voice in a whisper.

"i was in love with alayna since we were young," zach answered, "i didn't realize it until i took her to prom when we were sophomores. at her school, the prom was combined with the sophomores, juniors, and seniors."

zach pulled out his phone, and went through all of his posts with alayna in his archived section.

-

november 19th, 2017

liked by alaynaeastman, and 165 othersimzachherron years of friendship and alayna still can't stand me 😔view all 33 comments

imzachherron years of friendship and alayna still can't stand me 😔
view all 33 comments...
alaynaeastman i joking
alaynaeastman i love you zak 💘💘💘
imzachherron did you just—
jackavery she did
load more comments...

-

march 2nd, 2018