fifty-one ☆ how do you know if you love someone?

FEBRUARY
of twenty-nineteen

narrator's pov.

"mom, can i talk to you?" zach asked, sitting on a stool in the kitchen island.

"of course, honey, what's up?" myta replied, placing a tray of cookie dough into the oven.

"how do you know if you love someone?" zach questioned.

myta raised an eyebrow, "is this about who i think it's about?"

"w-what, uh, most definitely not," zach lied, "i'm asking for... a friend."

"alright," myta responded, not believing zach's excuse, "why is this friend contemplating his or her feelings?"

"well, first of all, my friend is a guy. he's contemplating his feelings because all of a sudden he started feeling something different when he was with this girl, and now he doesn't exactly know how to describe it," zach answered.

"did you friend give you any specific scenarios that happened between him and this girl?" myta questioned.

"he told me that he started staring at this girl much more than usual, and he's starting to see her in a different light," zach explained, "and he also told me that him and the girl were running around in the rain, and he was just in such awe with how beautiful she looks when she's happy."

"why does this guy seem so unsure of his feelings?" myta queried.

"i don't—i mean, he doesn't want to ruin their friendship," zach stuttered, "him and the girl are best friends, and he doesn't want it to affect their friendship. he doesn't want to lose her because he already lost someone in the past."

"well, zach, i'd say that your friend is definitely in love, but he's just scared of getting hurt again," myta declared, "i think your friend should just trust in love, and tell the girl how he feels. if he really loves her, he won't be afraid to tell her."

zach nodded, "alright, thanks mom. i'll go tell, uh, my friend your advice."

...

a / n :

short chapter, but zach is in love with elena (: