forty-six ☆ corbyn's fist

JANUARY
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

"look at what jack just texted me," presley whispered, showing everyone her phone.

daniel rolled his eyes, "first jonah acts like a di—i mean, jerk. now jack is acting like one."

"see, this is what i mean," elena pointed out, "this entire situation is causing problems."

after jack showed his table the text messages, they all immediately stood up and walked toward the booth containing elena, presley, rosaline, daniel, and corbyn.

"oh my gosh, what now?" elena asked, standing up.

"why is presley acting like a bitch in this conversation with jack?" june questioned, gesturing at jack's phone.

"hey, don't call her a bitch!" corbyn declared, his voice raising.

"don't yell at june!" jack shouted back.

"i wasn't trying to act like that," presley mumbled, "i-i'm sorry."

presley felt so much worry since the pineland group was practically attacking her, so she started to sweat and her breathing became shaky. however, corbyn noticed that presley was feeling uneasy, so he put his hands on her shoulders and tried to make her feel better. jack side-eyed corbyn as he saw him comforting presley.

"can't we all just agree that you guys are the ones acting bitchy?" rosaline suggested, "i mean, you literally just walked up here to threaten my best friend."

"shut up, rose, you're basically the reason this is all happening," jonah scoffed, "if you didn't tweet about me, i wouldn't have put that caption for my instagram post."

"if you didn't fuck audrey scott, none of this would have happened," rosaline murmured.

"what the fuck did you just say?" jonah questioned, his voice getting louder and louder, "i did not fucking cheat on you!"

"jonah, chill out," presley pleaded, putting her hands on his shoulders to stop him from moving closer to rosaline.

however, jonah shoved presley to the side, and that caused everyone to freak out. corbyn's eyes widened, and he immediately stepped in front of presley so he had a better shot at punching jonah across the face without hurting her.

"oh my god, corbyn, stop!" elena shouted, covering her eyes with her hands.

elena was just a few milliseconds too late, and corbyn's fist met the right of jonah's face. all of sudden, it escalated to daniel and corbyn against jack and jonah.

"holy shit," rosaline whispered.

rosaline, presley, elena, and june had no idea what to do, but zach did. he instantly pulled daniel away from practically choking jonah, and pushed jack away from beating up corbyn.

"this is exactly why rose and jonah need to talk things out!" zach declared, "do you see what just happened? you all just got in a physical fight. if we all just stopped assuming things about each other and actually spoke about the situation, then everything will be fine."

"that's exactly what i've been trying to say," elena joined in, "fighting isn't going to fix anything. do you guys really want to start this new year with drama?"

"corbyn fucking started it," jonah groaned, massaging the right side of his face.

"yeah, because you decided to shove presley. you don't fucking touch her, okay?" corbyn threatened.

regardless of how miserable the entire situation was, presley slightly smiled. to her, it felt nice that corbyn was so defensive and even started a fight just to protect her.

"whatever," jonah scoffed, "let's just go, okay? we're leaving."

"that's fine with us," presley replied, watching the pineland group grab their belongings and leave the pizzeria.

once they were gone, corbyn asked, "wait, did we win?"

"well, considering the fact we kicked them out of their own territory, i think it's safe to say we won," rosaline cheered, clapping her hands.

presley, corbyn, daniel, and rosaline began to celebrate their win against the pineland group, but elena still felt off.

nothing changed, and everyone was still on bad terms.

...