Chapter 95: A Pirate's Life For He

In the end Silver stole the ship.

Surprised?

Don't be.

Silver had a good soul but he was dishonest. And as the old pirate sayings goes:

You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.

Honestly – did you expect Silver to babysit the kids while the guardians puttered around Fantasia?

Yeah no. Silver had his own stars to rattle. But first, he needed a ship. And it just so happened Jim wasn't using his.

"Get back here!" Jim yelled, unbuckling his blaster and running after the ship as Wendy ran after him. "Get your cyborg butt back here!"

Morph and Shadow watched distantly as Silver chucked their luggage off the plank. Cheerfully, Silver pointed to his ear, indicating that he couldn't hear.

"Bullshit!" Jim raised his blaster. Dark energy molecules vibrated within the plasma chamber as he aimed for the pixie dust engines. "You can hear me and we both know it! Get back here with my ship you slimy son of a –"

"Are you insane!?" Wendy seized Jim's arm. "Don't shoot! Pixie dust is flammable! The engines will explode!"

Jim wrenched free. "Better blown up than stolen!"

"Are you listening to yourself?!" Wendy wrestled his forearm. "The ship will crash and the cliff will catch fire! You'll burn Sarah's house! King Arthur will be furious if – Jim look out!"

Luggage pelted around them, tumbling from the ship and spewing their belongings upon impact.

As Wendy shielded herself, Jim charged ahead. He wrapped both hands around his blaster, raised his arms, centered the scopes on the pixie dust engines and –

Didn't shoot.

"Damn it."

Jim realigned the blaster. He grit his teeth and gripped the handle, willing himself to pull the trigger. "Damn it Silver! Damn it! Damn it!"

Wendy slowly uncovered her face. As luggage rained harmlessly in the distance, she watched the Second Star accelerate out of blaster range.

"Jim..."

"Bull shit!" Jim tensed his shoulders. The blaster shook in his hands. "I know what you're going to say and it's bull shit! I don't care – I'm not scared to do this without him – and I don't give a rat's ass if he's a pirate and I have to be a dad because my kids  – my kids – Damn it that's my ship and that son of a bitch is stealing – "

Pityingly, Wendy lowered the blaster. She gave his arm a little shake as the Second Star swooped around. "Look. He's coming to say goodbye. Let him Jim."

Pixie dust sprinkled down with the last of their luggage as the Second Star flew overhead. Jim looked up. Engine gusts blew the hair from his face as he located Silver at the helm.

Of course, Silver was laughing.

"Thanks fer the boat, Jimbo!" Silver patted the ship's wheel. "I'll need this space worthy lady if I'm goin te find that map in the Black Hole! She and me – we'll weather the celestial storms! Send m' regards to that dear wife of yours! Oh! And one more thing –"

Silver swept off his tricorn. Gallantly, he tossed it overboard.

"Give that te me god-son! He'll need a hat fit for a second captain if he's going to rebuild a family with a pap like you! Hahahahaha!"

And with that, Silver departed. Cyborg smile glinting in the sunlight, he set sail for the Black Hole.

Jim watched until he disappeared.

"He may never get out. He may be stuck in that Black Hole forever. Even if he finds my map, I'm the only one that can get it open."

Unexpectedly, Jim shifted. Morph had squiggled into his pocket. Stroking a finger over the pink critter's head, Jim sighed at the pixie dust trail sparkling across the sky.

"Stupid scalawag better stay out of trouble."

Wendy walked to Silver's tricorn. Brushing it clean, she handed it to Jim. "When has he ever done otherwise?"

Morph giggled. "Yo ho, yo ho! A pirates life for he!"

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

sultal's note: Nice little jim/silver moment. I tried to model it after their parting in Treasure Planet (to those of you that haven't memorized the script or watched the movie every weekend sine you were 15 lol). I know this chappie is a short one. More to come soooon hopefully, and I THINK Melody is next.

keep writing.