Chapter 89: Fantasia School for the Magically Skewed

Fantasia School for the Magically Skewed had changed. The students were different. The teachers were different. The infrastructure was different.

But it still felt the same. As they walked the old hallways, nostalgia hit the guardians hard, even Jim who hadn't attended the high school more than a year. Magically skewed or not, this was where they came together. This was where their adventures began.

It was also where Peter and Jim had their first fight, which Peter was only too happy to remind everyone.

"Pan—" Jim scowled as Peter danced around him, fists raised. "I will murder you if you don't cut the crap."

Peter swung wide. "Gotta catch me first, chicken!"

"Get the hell away from me."

"Bawk, bawk, bawk! Lily-livered chicken! Jab left!"

Jim dodged. "Pan!"

"Jab right!"

"Pan!"

Peter parried around Jim's face. "Upper cut! Lower cut! Left hook! Right hook! Boom! Bang! Bust!"

Jim unbuckled his blaster. He was about to boom-bang-bust Peter with a round of dark energy, but he was stopped by a high-pitched voice.

"Mr. Hawkins, shooting Mr. Pan in the face is a sure way to land yourself detention...again."

They turned.

"Headmaster Mickey!"

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** **

Headmaster Mickey escorted the guardians to his office. Although their initial greeting was warm, Headmaster Mickey's expression became somber as they approached. Shouting could be heard down the hall and blue magic puffed sporadically under the headmaster's door.

Ariel raised her trident.

"Are we safe to go in there?" she asked, dubiously tapping the threshold.

Headmaster Mickey rapped the door.

"Dunno." he admitted brightly. "Guess we'll have to wait and see. Agent Bubbles?! Are you in there!? Agent Bubbles it's me!"

The shouting dwindled, giving way to aggressive whispers. Peter was about to place his ear to the door when it cracked open.

Agent Cobra Bubbles glared through the crack.

"Password?"

"Little s." replied Headmaster Mickey. "I've brought his majesty's guardians."

Agent Bubbles lowered his shades. "What took them so long?"

"They were eh...reminiscing." Headmaster Mickey swished his tail. "Good ol' days and that sort of stuff."

"Uh huh." Agent Bubbles cracked his neck. "Hope they got their fill of the good old days because the bad new days are ahead." 

He retreated from the door. "Come in. Be respectful to the king and don't piss off the dragon."

"Dragon?" Wendy followed Peter through the doorway. "How on earth did King Arthur fit a dragon in – oh goodness!"

Whump!

A black streak dove into Wendy, bashing her into the wall. A hot tongue emerged, spreading fishy saliva over her cheeks. The smell was enough to make Wendy gag, but she still smiled as an overly-excited dragon welcomed her home.