Chapter 141: Flirting

The student body had reached a consensus: Shadows 101 and Space 101 were stupid.

No, they hadn't taken the classes yet.

No, they hadn't met the professors.

And no, they hadn't considered the national safety ramifications for not taking the government -mandated classes, BUT STILL: The fall semester was well underway, and suddenly they had to take two new classes?!

Royally uncool King Arthur.

Royally uncool.

"They must think we have all the time in the world!"

Dawn and Gwen made their way toward Forum Room. The hallway was more crowded than usual – with all the students headed to their first Shadows class – and Dawn was very cranky. The past forty eight hours had basically destroyed her life, and the schedule changes were not making it any easier.

"I mean, this was supposed to be my study hall." Dawn held a doppio macchiato over her head. She glared as Viking students gruffly passed.

"Now that Brewtiful is dead, I have to outline a completely new business plan before the end of the week, and I have no idea when I'm going to get it done!"

Gwen felt guilty on multiple fronts: It was her fault Tinkerbell had eviscerated Brewtiful. Her mother was teaching Shadows 101. And to top it all off, she had panic–texted Dawn for deodorant after sleeping in the library overnight, and training with Jak this morning.

She would have asked for a change of clothes, but Mondays she observed in the hospital with Dr. Sweet, so she just wore her scrubs.

"Sorry, Dawn." Gwen spoke over the hubbub. "I feel awful – "

"I told you not to worry about it." Dawn sucked her doppio macchiato lid. "Froggy's mom told me setbacks are normal in the business world. I'll just have to start my next idea."

"What's that?"

"Boba kits. I'm going to package milk tea powder and tapioca pearls, so people can make tea at home. Just add water, microwave, and pour over ice."

"Cool. What's the company name?"

"Life Is the Bubbles. Ooo Froggy just texted me. He and Ping are by the water fountain."

"Oh good."

"The problem is that we are out of Boba season." Dawn wove between students. "Bubble tea is a summer drink, and it's nearly the first of autumn. But I really don't have a choice so ..."

Gwen felt guilty again. "Anything I can do?"

"Sure, you got fifty thousand dollars to lend me?"

"Sorry..." Gwen scanned the hallway for Ping. "I'm a little short this week."

"No problem." Dawn waved on her tiptoes. Downstream, Froggy (easily two heads taller than everyone else), waved back, Ping's hand over his shoulder. "I'll just use your abs instead."

"My abs?"

"Promotional event. It's going to be nice this weekend, so I want to distribute kits and fliers. Froggy's mom said she would donate cups and Boba straws, but I need some sort of entertainment. Think you and Froggy could do a shuffle dance or something, so I can videotape it for the website? Maybe wear some merch?"

Gwen referred to the abs comment. "Does the merch involve a T shirt?"

"Bralette."

"Ugh."