Chapter 40: Neverland Misadventures - The Physio IV

(When: Approximately 6 Years and 2 Months Ago)

The Second Star was fully repaired.

Jim couldn't believe it.

"I can't believe it." After inspecting the ship for the umpteenth time, he joined Ariel and Silver on the observation deck, positively bemused.

"She's perfect," he murmured. "Absolutely perfect. From stem to stern, starboard to port...totally fixed."

He turned to Silver. "How is this possible? Captain Hook basically blew the ship in half. There's no way a medical facility could have repaired The Second Star that quickly. Right?"

Silver nodded carefully. "Right. Twas not the medical center that repaired the ship, that be true."

"Well then who was it?"

Silver rubbed his lips before answering. "The bonnie queen, Jimbo. It were Illysa – er – Her Majesty Queen Illysa that helped to repair our ship. She sent engineers. She sent mechanics. She sent carpenters. She sent everyone and everything."

Jim hardened. "Did she also send an apology?"

Ariel frowned. "Apology? Jim, why would Illysa send an apology?"

Jim felt himself boiling. "When we got here, Illysa was waiting. She asked to meet in private. So I met with her, and Illysa basically confessed to screwing over Wendy. She tricked her! Just like a rotten politician, she manipulated Wendy and—"

"Now just a second Jimbo!" Silver jumped to Illysa's defense. "Don't go castin' stones so quickly! Illysa told me what happened! I think you're forgettin' that she was on Wendy's side. The real enemy is that bloody witch, Eris!"

Ariel's struggled to follow the conversation. "Who is Eris?"

"She's a shadow worker!" Jim said, his anger directed at Silver. "Illysa forced Wendy to work with a shadow worker named Eris to find Captain Hook!"

"Forced is a strong word!" Silver growled. "Illysa didn't force Wendy! Wendy agreed to –"

"Agreed to what?" Jim snapped. "Agreed to almost die? Agreed to lose her baby? Agreed to this? That's bullshit Silver and you know it!"

"I'll tell ye what's bullshit!" Silver jabbed Jim's chest. "A grown man making excuses for a grown woman! Wendy might be yer bestie, but she is not a child! She's a mighty powerful lass, and until ye start letting her make decisions fer her own, she'll never learn how! Indecision in the wake of a storm can capsize a ship, Jim!"

"So can dropping your anchor in unfriendly waters, Silver!"

"You leave my anchor out of this! I'll drop m' anchor wherever I please!"

"Well as the queen's personal pirate, I imagine it's in a royal harbor!"

"Jimbo I am two seconds from givin' you the spankin' of a lifetime!"

"Aren't you afraid Illysa will get jealous?"

There ended the cordial part of the conversation. 

The insults turned from sour to rancid faster than the time it took for Silver and Jim to throw punches. Luckily, Ariel was able to prevent any further hospitalizations. Trident glowing, she separated the men and dragged Jim to the cafeteria.

"Shut up!" she barked as Jim protested. "You get so hot-headed over Wendy! Come on! You need junk food right now!"

"I don't need junk food!"