Chapter Twenty-Seven . . . Convention (Part Three)

*Warning Sexual Content

Cat's POV

Everything for the convention went well. Actually more than well. Everyone loved us and we completed a successful heist except for Gavin who died almost instantly, but our crew was able to pull together and continue on.

"Thank you everyone for coming out and watching. Stay tuned for tomorrow when the achievement huntresses, come on stage and kick some ass." Jack announced which caused Lindsay and I to stand up and high-five each other before waving to the crowd. "Anyway, we will have booths set up outside the stage room for anyone who want autographs or whatever else you need. Thanks guys!"

The crowd cheered as we all walked off stage as team, and I was still on an adrenalin high.

"So, how was it?" Ray asked me, still in super hero costume by the way.

"I don't know whether to pass out or do a cartwheel." I said honestly and looked down at my shaking hands which I instantly shoved in Ray's face.

"Look at these!" I yelled and he chuckled.

"Gavin, did you put something in her drink?" He asked Gavin who only shrugged.

"Nothing more than the usual." He joked. "Are you okay to go out there?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah! I'm fine, just a little excited. Let's go!" I yelled as I grabbed Gavin's hands and began pulling him out but he stopped me.

"Well love, I got to change first." He laughed and I pouted. "I'll be right back. You can go out with everyone else." He assured me with a peck on the head before leaving to go get changed.

"Let's go out." Jack said with a smile and led me out to the meet-and-greet area where everyone was surrounding us. They were yelling and reaching for us.

"This is AWESOME!" I squealed and reached to sign the first poster picture of the achievement hunters, even though I wasn't on it.

Geoff put a hand on my shoulder and smiled at me. "You doing okay, kid?" I nodded and reached for another picture which I quickly signed.

"We need to talk about Big John." I said as I smiled at a fan before getting a picture with her.

"Cat and I will be right back!" Geoff announced to the crowd before taking my hand and moving me in the back.

"What do you know?" He said with a sigh and I couldn't stop the smile that formed from my face.

"Everything." I answered.

Geoff looked up at the ceiling and stomped his foot before letting out his little whine. "Who told you?"

"Big John." I put a hand on Geoff's shoulder. "You didn't have to go out of your way for me like that."

"Cat I-" He stopped himself and took a deep breath in. "You really need to stop that."

"What?" I was confused. What the hell did I do this time?

"Stop with the whole being thankful crap." I laughed.

"I can't say thank you, every once in a while?" I teased and he shook his head.

"Absolutely not. This company was not built on being grateful. It was built on being assholes." He said in a serious tone.

"Shut up." I laughed and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Now you got it! Are you ready to go back out?"

"Of course."

Together we walked back out to the booth and as soon as the fans saw me there were flashes in my face, people were handing me gifts, and wanting autographs. It was something I couldn't ever imagine doing, but now that I was it was definitely a treat.