Chapter Fifty-Eight . . . Home

Cat's POV

I slowly got out of the car with the help of Geoff and Griffon as Gavin got Raya out of the car. Today was the first day that we got to take the baby home and I was so excited for us to start our lives with her.

"You okay Cat?" Griffon asked as I winced with the movements of walking.

"Yeah, just sore is all. Thank you so much for driving."

"Yeah well, Gavin can't drive and you aren't allowed so I figured that I should come and get you." Geoff said with a smile.

"I know, but we could of found a way. I hate that you keep missing work." I said as Gavin came around, car seat in hand, and threw his arm around my shoulders.

"You're forgetting something Cat, I'm the boss." He said with a smirk which made me roll my eyes.

"Do you guys want to come in?" Gavin asked.

Geoff looked at Griffon before shaking his head. "No, I got some work to catch up on in the office." He said with a grin.

Gavin and I chuckled before I walked over and gave them both a tight hug. "Thank you guys for everything."

"You're welcome." Geoff said.

"Let us know if you need anything." Griffon told us and I nodded.

"I will."

"We'll be over soon, so have that baby in her 'I love my pappy' onesie." Geoff warned making me laugh.

"Will do. See you guys later."

"See ya!"

Gavin and I walked into our house while Geoff and Griffon drove off to their own lives.

Once we got into our kitchen I sat on the chair as Geoff got baby Raya out of her car seat.

"If you give her here I'll feed her. She's probably hungry." I told him and opened my arms waiting for her.

"Why don't you go back to the bedroom and rest, you are so tired. Didn't you sleep at the hospital?" I shook my head.

"No, there was too much commotion with the nurses running in out of the room and the visitors. I couldn't relax." I said truthfully.

"Well, why don't I feed her and you go up to bed." I let out a yawn and shook my head.

"No, I'll just feed her and then we can all cuddle in bed." I said with a smile.

Gavin sighed before placing Raya in my arms.

I stared down at her to see her sucking on her hands with her eyes closed.

"I'll get the bottle." Gavin said and as he went to the cabinet.

The doorbell rang and Gavin stopped in his spot.

"Who the bloody hell is that?" He asked almost annoyed.

"Gavin . . ." I groaned.

"Sorry, we just got home though." He said and muttered something else as went to the front door.

I could only chuckle as I stared down at my baby. "I think your daddy is a little cranky." I told Raya, but she responded by suckling faster on her fist.

"Um Cat, love." Gavin said nervously as he walked into the kitchen.

"Who's at the door?" I asked.

"Allie, and she brought some gifts for Raya." He said while giving me a look with his eyes.

Allie walked in with her head down and arms full of gifts. "Hey Cat." She said slowly and nervously.