Chapter Forty-One . . . Love, I hate you

Chapter Forty- One . . . Love, I hate you

Ray's POV

It's been days since we heard from Cat. Geoff said that she wouldn't leave the room and I was highly concerned about her. Why wouldn't she come out?

Geoff said it would be a good idea to just leave her alone for awhile, but you could see the frustration in his eyes every time we talked about her. Along with the hate when we mentioned Gavin, but what could we do we worked with both of them. Eventually, their names were going to be brought up.

It was late in the afternoon. Geoff was at a meeting while the rest of us were sitting around editing or playing some game, but you could feel the tension.

"This is fucking stupid! Cat and Gavin should both be here." Michael yelled as he threw down his headphones.

I took mine off as all of turned and stared at the rage quitter.

"No, Gavin is stupid." Ryan said sitting back in his chair. "He did this and now Cat has to suffer for it."

I rubbed my temples with frustration.

"Has anyone even heard from Gavin?" Jack asked and we all stared at each other.

"I guess not." I said.

"So he gets to get away with all of this while Cat stays home pregnant and depressed. How is that fair!"

We were all upset about Cat, but Ryan was definitely taking it the hardest.

I opened my mouth to say something, but quickly shut it when Geoff came in with a nervous looking girl who was dressed up as if she was in an interview.

"Guys, I want you to meet Allison." Geoff said. "She is here to help us out for awhile."

"Is she replacing Cat?" Was the first question out of my mouth.

Geoff was going to answer but Allison beat him to it quickly.

"No, no, no. I could never replace her. I'm here to get you guys what you need and make sure everything is on schedule."

"She's like an assistant." Geoff explained.

Jack was the first to stand up and shake her hand.

"It's nice to meet you Allison."

"Please call me Allie." She said.

She seemed like a sweet girl. I just feel bad that she came at the wrong time for us.

"Where are you from Allie?" Ryan asked as he was suddenly interested in her.

"New Jersey." She answered as her eyes darted to Michael who had a side smirk on his face.

"Cool place." He joked making her giggle.

A knock on the door interrupted us and we turned to find a pale looking Cat in the doorway.

She looked as though she hasn't been in sunlight in days and looked very ill, but that didn't stop her from putting a smile on her face.

"Um . . .  Am I interrupting something?" She asked.

"What are you doing here, you're suppose to be on bed rest." Geoff scolded.

"I went to my doctor's appointment and am officially off of bed rest. So, I thought I would take you out to lunch to celebrate." She explained.

You could tell that Geoff was unsure.

"Maybe we could order a pizza here and relax." He suggested nervously.