Chapter Twenty-Three . . . Roses

I walked into the office alone, and ran a hand through my hair. I wasn't sleeping well ever since we left England. At first I thought I was 'home' sick in a way, but it wasn't that at all. Ever since we got back I felt like I was being watched. Like every move was being monitored and no matter what way I moved or how I hid myself it was like I couldn't get away.

"Hey look who's back!" I was greeted at the front door by Kara who instantly pulled me in for a hug. I laughed and hugged her back.

"How was your Thanksgiving Kara?" I asked and she sighed.

"Spending time with a crazy family is always fun." Kara rolled her eyes and I pulled away from her.

"That bad huh?" I asked and she shrugged.

"No, they're just crazy that's all." I shook my head at her and ruffled her hair.

"I always wondered where you got that from."

"Hey!" She yelled while fixing her hair. "I spent all morning on this, now I'm going to have to fix it." She frowned and blew out a breath. "It's like having another Gavin around. Where is the lad anyway?" I rolled my eyes.

"The brat wouldn't get out of bed this morning. I had to be here and Geoff left early so I have no idea how he's getting here." I sighed slightly worried about him.

"That sounds like Gavin."

"What sounds like Gavin?" Geoff asked as he came out of the hallway.

"The idiot wouldn't get out of bed this morning, and I have no idea how he's getting here." Geoff rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry about him, we're just glad that you're here."

"Me?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, come this way." Geoff went to the achievement hunter office and I looked at Kara who shrugged.

"I'll talk to later I guess." I said to Kara before heading over to the achievement hunter office where a desk was surrounded by red roses. "What is this guys?" I asked confused.

"We didn't read the card but we were guessing that this is why Gavin didn't get out of bed this morning." Geoff grinned.

"Would he do something like this?" I asked all of the guys who looked at Michael.

"I guess so, I mean who else would give you roses?" Michael asked and my attention turned to Ray who was playing with his phone.

"Ray?" I asked and he looked up at me confused.

"No, I didn't do this. I don't have the money for all of these." He explained honestly.

"How many are there exactly?" I asked and looked at the roses.

"I counted six dozen." Ryan answered.

"I don't think Gavin would go that far." I answered as I sat down at the desk chair. I touched the rose petals. "They are beautiful, though."

"There is a card." Geoff pointed to the roses and I looked to find my name neatly printed on the white card.

I plucked the card from the roses and opened it up. I lifted a shaking hand to my mouth as I read the card,

I've been watching you for awhile now.You are so beautiful. I have everything about you memorized from the way you walk to your beautiful smile. God, your smile is so beautiful. I will do anything to make you mine. ANYTHING. Until I can find the right time I will continue to watch you from a far, but be warned that I will be coming for you soon, and when I do I hope you're prepared to confess your love for me, like I will you.