Chapter Thirteen . . . Halloween Special!

Catherine's POV

So the next morning at work I decided to get up super early and go to the apartment building that I had gone to my first day here. I had to make sure that I was sleeping in my car for no reason.

I walked into the dark apartment and realized that nothing had changed since the first time I was here. It was still dark and creepy, and the building manager was still sitting behind the glass with what I believe were the same greasy clothes from last time.

"Excuse me?" I asked and he groaned in response. "I was here a while ago and I was wondering if there was any improvements on my room?"

"Name?" He asked like it was a hassle.

"Catherine Daniels." I tapped my foot and waited as he went through the papers.

"You're room has been taken." He said simply and I felt my mouth drop.

"What do you mean taken!" I yelled and he shrugged.

"Someone bought your room."

"You told me my room had termites!"

"The situation has been taken care of, and your room has been take by a paying customer." I felt my left eye twitch and I thought for sure I was having a stroke.

"You're shitting me,right? I have been sleeping in my car!" I yelled and slammed my hand against the glass, but the dick head didn't even flinch.

"Sorry sweet cheeks, welcome to the real world."

"The real world?" I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. "Do you have an other available rooms?" I asked calmly.

"Yeah mine is always opened for you." He winked and I punched the glass causing a stinging in my hand.

"Fuck off!" I yelled and stomped my way out of the building holding my injured hand.

"Stupid, fat, greasy, pig faced, ass." I growled as I walked through the doors of the building.

"What's wrong with you Cat?" Kara asked and when I whipped my head up ready to explode, but I stopped shocked.

She was dressed up in a Minnie mouse costume. "What are you wearing?" I asked confused.

"It's Halloween!" She cheered and I felt my eyebrows raise.

"Halloween?"

"Yeah you know where you are suppose to dress up in a costume and get candy." She explained almost like I was a child, and I quickly drifted back into my past.

Cat at age ten

I stared out my window and watched as demons, vampires, and ghosts walked with candy in there hands.

I quickly hopped down from my window and ran to the kitchen where my mother was washing dishes, my father was no where to be seen which was not a surprise in this house.

"Mom, why are there kids dressed up in scary costumes?" I asked nicely and she dropped her dish in the sink.

"Honey, there is thing called Halloween and kids dress up to get candy." I suddenly got excited.

"I WANT TO GO!" I yelled and ran towards my room while my mother called my name, but I ignored her. I wanted candy and to hang our with normal kids my age.

Suddenly I ran into a hard brick wall and fell on my butt.

"What is going on here!" A voice roared and I quickly noticed it to be my father's.