Chapter Twenty-Eight . . . The Glow

Cat's POV

So the next morning I was absolutely exhausted. (Wink Wink) And it had absolutely everything to do with Gavin Free.

You see after round two in the shower and round three back in the bed Gavin was too hyped to sleep and I being his lovely girlfriend decided to stay up the rest of the night with him and talk about whatever came to his lovely British mind, but I still had a panel to do and after yesterday leaving early there was no way around it.

I groaned as we walked into the back stage.

"What's wrong love?" He asked with a knowing smirk and I smacked him.

"I hate you so much."

"That's not wot you said last night." He said in a sing-song voice, I wanted to punch him, but settled on sticking my tongue out at him instead.

"Can I ask you a question and you answer me with one hundred percent honesty?" I asked him suddenly getting serious.

"Of course." He said as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"How bad do I look?" I asked and cringed slightly waiting for his answer, but I did ask him.

This morning, when I looked in the mirror I looked ten times worse than I did when I first got punched in the face, and make up was honestly no use because it only made one side of my face dark like I had some disease. Not to mention that my eye and cheek were still swollen.

"Honestly?" He asked and I nodded. "You look beautiful."

I paused for minute as I watched him smile at me worriedly.

"That's it I'm asking Michael and Ray." I said as I spotted them from  across the room.

"No Cat don't!" He begged as I walked over to the guys who were talking amongst themselves and not looking at me

"Hey guys." I greeted and they both turned to me with smiles on there faces, that was until they saw the side of my face of course.

Michael turned red and Ray's mouth hung open.

I turned to Gavin who was standing behind me biting his lips nervously.

"Beautiful, huh?" I joked.

I wasn't mad that Gavin lied to me it was actually kind of sweet, but I did have to mess with a bit.

"Cat, you always look beautiful to me." He said with a cheeky little grin.

I put my hand on his cheek and shook my head. "You definitaly are a keeper aren't you?" I said returning his smile.

I heard Ray and Michael cough behind us and I turned back to them.

"So how bad do I look?" I asked them.

Michael opened his mouth but Ray was the first one to speak.

"You look great. I'm sure make up can cover those bruises, right?"

I put my fingers on the bridge of my nose and took a deep breath in. "Thanks a lot Ray."

"You know make up can cover the bruises on your face," I turned my direction to Michael who was grinning from ear to ear like he knew something, "can makeup cover those hickey's on your neck though?" He began laughing and my hand shot to my neck.

"Gavin!" I shrieked but he only smiled proudly.

"I'm going to make up." I mumbled and stomped my way away from the laughing men. What a bunch of assholes!