Chapter Eight . . . Shopping with X-Ray and Vav

Chapter Eight . . . Shopping with X-Ray and Vav

Catherine's POV

I sighed tiredly as I completed editing another Let's Play.

I looked around the empty office and suddenly felt lonely. The boys had gone out to lunch and offered me to go to but unfortunately I was running out of money and had to save as much as I could until my first paycheck would arrive.

My stomach growled loudly and a pain of hunger shot in my belly.

I groaned and laid my head against my desk just as Geoff walked in.

"Whoa, you alright there?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, oh yeah." I said quickly picking my head up and tried not looking like a starving crazy person.

"Why didn't you come to lunch with us?" He asked and I shrugged and stared at my screen.

"I had work to do. You know my boss can be a hard ass." I joked.

"Yeah so I heard." He said and quickly walked over to my computer. He began clicking on files and saw all of the completed videos I had edited.

"Wow, you've been working hard haven't you?"

"Well, I wanted to make a good impression and-" He put a hand up and cut my off.

"Did you just say, you wanted to make a good impression?" He asked almost shocked.

"Well, yeah of course, you are my boss." He took a seat beside me.

"You have to have at least ten videos done and ready in the file. I would say that you have made a good impression." He paused and looked at me. "Are you hungry?" I shook my head clearly lying and praying that my stomach didn't growl.

"I'm good, Geoff. Besides, Ray invited me to his house for movie and games, and I'm going to pig out there."

"You are not one of those people who starves themselves are you?" He asked in a sudden serious tone that I've never heard from Geoff.

I couldn't help but laugh. "You are kidding me right?" When he continued to give me a serious look I sighed. "Geoff, I swear on my life , that I am not anorexic" He nodded and got up and went to his desk.

I sat back in my chair trying to relax when he put a greasy taco-bell bag in front of my face. "What's this?" I asked confused.

"If you're not anorexic, then I'm going to go to my second conclusion and guess that you don't have any money. So, I bought you a couple of things." I took the bag from Geoff and put it on my desk.

"Well, I really appreciate this Geoff, but I assure you that I have money to eat, I'm not anorexic, and I'm just not hungry." Geoff smirked at me probably knowing I was lying.

"Okay, well I'm going to go talk to Bernie and Gus about something, but I'm going to leave this bag here just in case." He told me like I was a child.

"Thanks Dad." I said back and felt my heart break a little as I said 'dad'.

Geoff didn't noticed and continued laughing. "Your welcome daughter." He said before walking out the door.

Once alone the bag of taco bell was staring at me and the smells coming from it were appetizing.

I looked over at the door and then back at the bag. I wonder how long I had before Geoff came back in?

"Fuck it." I whispered to myself.

I quickly grabbed the bag and opened it up finding a wrapped burrito. "Oh thank you Geoff." I whispered to myself before unwrapping it and taking a bite out of the goodness.