Chapter Thirty-Five . . . Staying Late

Chapter Thirty-Five . . .  Staying Late

Cat's POV

"And done." Ryan said happily as he hit the enter button.

"About fucking time." I sighed as I laid back in my leather seat. "I thought for sure that this wasn't coming out."

It was the truth too! The damn computer crashed thirty times, then the video wouldn't open, and then we lost our audio (luckily Ryan found), and all and all it was a complete disaster!

"Time to go home." Ryan said as he stretched.

Ray's ears perked at the sound of Ryan's voice and he slid over on his chair to Ryan.

"You going home, Ry?" Ray asked.

"Yeah . . . Why?" He asked slowly and confused.

"You feel like giving your friend a ride home?" Ray asked raising his eyebrows up and down.

"Wait a minute, is the R and R connection happening before my very eyes! I have to alert the fans!" I excitedly joke.

"Yes, please alert the fans. Not like we don't already have enough fan fics about us already." Ryan sighed.

"We have a R and R fan fic! Yes, BrownMan is moving up in the world!" Ray cheered, but quickly got serious. "No seriously, what about that ride?"

Ryan rolled his eyes at Ray before straightening up in his chair. "Alright Ray. Let's go." Ryan said as he grabbed his keys and stood up from his chair.

"No, that's fine leave me here alone at night." Geoff whined.

"Oh is Geoff afraid of the dark." I teased in a child-like voice.

"Hey Cat, do you need a ride somewhere?" Ryan asked.

"No, I have my car, and I think I'm going to stay here with Geoff." I caught Geoff's smile in the corner of my eye and felt a sense of pride. "Thanks though."

"Alright well see you tomorrow, then." Ryan said as he and Ray left the office.

I slid my chair over to Geoff and was trying to see what he was doing.

"What are you working on?" I asked.

"Just editing a couple of things. You want to help?" He asked hopeful.

"Sure."

He handed over the U-Drive and I quickly moved over to my own computer and slid the device into my tower.

"Hey you want a coffee or anything?" Geoff asked as he stood up from his seat.

"I don't like coffee." I said making a face at the thought of the bitterness.

"How about hot chocolate?" He offered and suddenly I got excited.

"Did you say hot chocolate?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes, I was going to get it from that cafe down the road."

"Get me the biggest one you possibly can." I demanded making him chuckle.

"I guess you don't like it or anything, huh?" He asked rolling his eyes playfully.

"Geoff, I'm a girl and you just offered my hot chocolate." I pointed out.

"True." He said standing up and grabbing his keys.

"Here let me get you some money." I said turning to my purse.

"Nah, I got it. Let's just say that it's a 'thanks' for staying with me." He winked heading for the door. "I'll be back in a bit." He called before leaving.