Chapter Fifty-Six . . .My Daughter, My World

Chapter Fifty-Six . . . My Daughter, My World

Cat's POV

I always knew that when a woman is in labor there was usually someone filming the whole thing. I just didn't know that in my case it was going to be Lindsay and she was wanting to post it on the Internet.

"How are you feeling Cat?" Lindsay asked as she pointed the camera to my sweaty figure.

"I'm okay Lindsay." I said through gritted teeth as another contraction hit.

I would be lying if I said labor was an easy thing because the truth was it was a bitch.

I huffed breaths in and out and tried to relax against the pillows, but the degree of uncomfort was too much for me to relax.

"You are doing so good." Gavin said soothingly as he wiped a piece of sweat covered hair off of my forehead.

"Awe look a Daddy Free encouraging mama."

"Lindsay I swear to God if you don't get that camera out of my face . . ." I started. Man was labor making me mean.

"But the public has to see!" She whined.

"Lindsay Jones if that goes on the Internet I'll never speak to you again." I groaned as I grabbed the railing of the bed and pushed my body upwards from the pain.

She put the camera down and came to my side and rubbed my arm trying to comfort me. "I'm sorry I'm just excited."

"Lindsay, how about you go get her some ice chips?" Gavin asked.

She looked at me and nodded before leaving the room.

I sighed in relief. "Thank you."

Gavin chuckled. "She's a little overwhelming. How are you really feeling, love?" He asked.

I tried my best to smile, but the look on his face told me it didn't work. "I just want her out safely." I whispered.

He kissed my forehead. "Pretty soon love. Pretty soon."

Suddenly the door flew open and in came running a distressed looking Griffon. "I'm here!" She yelled and ran to my side.

Her hair was a mess and she was covered in paint.

"How are you feeling?" She asked as she pushed my hair out of the way.

"I'm okay." I breathed shakily.

"She's doing awesome Griff." Geoff said as he leaned against the doorway with his tattooed arms crossed.

"Is everyone still out there?" I asked.

"Yeah, and anxiously awaiting Raya's arrival. I swear you have to whole Rooster Teeth building in there. Hell, even Gus is out there waiting."

I managed to let out a chuckle. "Not even born and she has made an impact on the crew."

I groaned as another contraction hit me.

"Is there anything I can do?" Gavin asked worriedly.

I shook my head and smiled at him

"Sorry, it's a one man job." I said quoting him from earlier.

He made a face and continued to rub my hand soothingly.

There was a soft knock on the door and in appeared a nurse.

"Hello Miss Daniels, how are you feeling?" She asked while walking over and checking the machine that showed my contractions.

"I'm alright." I said tiredly.

"Well you're doctor called and she is on her way, but for now I need to check to see how far along you are."