After the Party

Your POV: 

I was just chilling in math class, trying to ignore the pit in my stomach caused by knowing that Double D was into Kevin already, when Nazz stormed in. "Whoa, Nazz." exclaimed Kevin, "You're not in this class!"

"No, Kevin." She snapped. "I'm not. But I'm also not getting in other dudes' pants." 

"All we did was kiss, Nazz." hissed Kevin back. "Ask (y/n) and Eddy, they were there too." Eddy and I tried to shrink away from Nazz's glare. "Ugh! You're so gross, Kev!" She stomped out of the classroom. "Nazz, come on!" whined Kevin as he chased after her. I sighed. This was getting out of hand.  

My heart fluttered as I waited in class for Double D next period. When he appeared, he shouted "(y/n!) There you are!"

"Uh, yeah. This is my 3rd period... I'm here every day."

"Right, right, I apologize, I've just been looking for you all over school." 

"Really? Why? Also, you could have just texted me." 

"I know, but I couldn't think of anything to say." I was getting pretty confused. Why was Double D kissing Kevin at a party such a big deal to everyone?

"(y/n), when Kevin kissed me... I don't think it really counted." I was listening. I mean damn, things just got interesting. "What do you mean?"

"Kevin was drinking at the party..." A realization hit me. 

"The soda! Was actually not just soda! It also had-"

"Alcohol in it." Double D nodded. "Yeah. So I don't think he's actually into me anymore."

"Anymore?" I wasn't aware that Kevin and Double D had a history. But, I suppose I'd only been here for a couple weeks. There's a lot I don't know. "Yes, Kevin and I were together for a short time last year. He helped me get through something really difficult. Anyway it's over now and I'm sorry you had to see the conclusion."

"What are you sorry for? Your friends don't dictate who you're allowed to kiss." I had to cover, because I didn't want Double D to know I liked him yet. "I don't care what you do."

"Then, we are still friends?"  

"Yeah, of course. You want to come over again soon?" Double D beamed at me.

"Yes!"