Chaos

"Eddy, please!" Double D tried to bargain with him as we marched our way to the cul-de-sac. 

"No, I'm done with this. Ed owes us an explanation. He watched both of us date May's crazy sisters and didn't learn anything!" Eddy ran up Ed's doorstep and began banging on the door. "Lumpy! It's us, let me in!"

But instead of Ed, Sarah opened the door. "What are you losers doing here?"

"None of your business, just tell us where Ed is." 

"He's not home." She said, folding her arms.

"Bullshit, let us in." Eddy tried to push past Sarah, but she shoved him down the steps.

"No!"

Before Eddy could even get back up, we heard a revving sound as May and Ed pulled into the driveway on the dirtbike. We all just stared at each other for a moment, nobody sure what to do next. The tension was broken by Sarah slamming the front door. 

"Ed?" Asked Double D.

"It's not what it looks like!" Ed exclaimed. 

"It looks like you've been out on a date with May all afternoon."

"Oh. Then it kinda is what it looks like."

"Get out of our neighborhood, May!" Shouted Eddy.

"No way." She answered. "Just because you and Lee broke up doesn't mean you can treat me like trash." 

"Well you're just as bad as she is."

"How do you know? You don't even know me!"

Eddy opened his mouth to argue but nothing came out. 

"If you did know me, you'd know that Ed and I have a lot in common and that we've been talking over discord for weeks now! I have to get back to the trailer park. Bye, Ed. The rest of you, get fucked." 

After May left the cul-de-sac, we all just stood there in more awkward silence. Finally, Double D sighed exhaustedly. "Ed, I really don't care who you date. You're an adult. And so are we. Just don't skip any more school, okay?"

Ed smiled meekly. "Okay Double D."

"I'm going to bed." Double D rubbed his eyes as he headed towards his house.

"I think Double D's right." I said. "I have to get home. But you two can't keep fighting about this. Today has been too crazy."

Eddy looked defeated. "You're right, I can't take this. Come on inside, Ed."

"This is my house, Eddy."

"Whatever." 

The next morning, I woke up once again to a thumping on my window. Ed and Eddy were standing outside my house in the snow. "Nice to see you two together again." I grinned. 

"Yeah, yeah." Said Eddy. "Now help us find Double D."

"What do you mean find him? Just call his phone. Is your only method of communication throwing snow at people's windows?"

"I did call him, he didn't answer and he's not home." 

"Uhhh" Ed interrupted, "has anyone noticed that we're going to be late?"

I glanced at my phone. "Oh shit, for real this time." I put on my usual sweats, hoodie and beanie and then we left. The three of us rushed into school after the bell had already rang, but instead of the morning announcements we heard a loud alarm blaring. One of the teachers started yelling at us "You can't be in here, get outside!"

"What's going on?" I asked.

"There was an explosion in the chem lab."

The three of us looked at each other and had a collective realization. "Oh no... Double D."