Lab Partner

Edd's POV: I sat next to (y/n) in science that first day. "You know, Double D, you can sit with your friends if you want. I'll be fine."I laughed.

"Oh, (y/n), You've met all my friends. The Eds." 

"They're your only friends?" I felt my face getting warm.

"Yes. They have been ever since I moved here."

"Well hey, that's nothing to worry about. I had no friends when I left Roswell." 

"Really?" I asked, with surprise in my voice. "But you seem nice." He/She smiled at me, and suddenly my throat felt tighter. Where was our teacher? I decided to keep the conversation rolling until class began. "So (y/n), do you like to read?"

He/She seemed to perk up. "Yeah. I read a lot of sci fi." 

"Oh." Maybe we were really meant to be friends. "So do I!" (y/n) flashed his/her smile at me again, and my cheeks felt warm. "Listen up class!" boomed a voice. "Welcome to science 4. This unit is lab based, so everyone will need a partner. Last semester went well, so you all can chose a partner. Groups of two only please." As the class erupted into grumbling and shuffling and pairs of teens forming, (y/n) glanced over at me. "So..." he/she said, "I guess we're lab partners?" 

"Why, yes of course." I replied. I'm sure that with you as a study partner, I'll get an A in this class. That sure would make my mother happy." (y/n) extended his/her hand to shake mine. "Deal."