Ch. 20 Finally the calm.

Bakugou gaped in awe as he watched his son being brought into the world bright red and crying.

He was flailing as he cried seeming seriously disgruntled about being taken from the warmth of his mother's womb.

Mizune took the child grabbing a pair of scissors,

"Would you like to cut the cord?" She asked gesturing to the family who were crying joyfully, Inko nodded stepping forward and severing the cord.

The nurse the fully cut it before swaddling the wiggling newborn and handing him to his panting mother.

Izuku reached out tiredly hugging him flush against his bare chest the rest of the world blurring around him.

Katsuki silently approached falling to his knees on the bedside, tears blurring his eyes seeing Chibi, finally their little creature was here, safe.

His little cheeks were plump and red, he was covered in the aftermaths of birth.

He took a moment to fully take him in.

He had Izuku's nose with his pale blonde hair, he was a flawless blend between of them both.

He was perfect.

He felt hot tears beginning to fall down his face as he reached out to gently cup his son's cheek.

Izuku laughed happily tears pricking his eyes before kissing his babies head,

"Welcome baby, I'm your mama, and this guy is your dada. I know he looks big and bad but he's really a softie..."

Katsuki looked at him indignantly sniffling and trying to wipe the tears from his eyes.

Everyone crowded around looking him over and cooeing.

"He looks just like the brat when he was a newborn..." Mitsuki said looking down at her new grandpup. She brushed a gentle finger over his cheek causing him to wrinkle his face in distaste a cry escaping him.

Chuckles came from the surrounding adults at his expression, they could already tell he was going to he a handful.

"He's beautiful honey, I'm so proud of you." Inko whispered kissing the exhausted Omega's forehead.

"Alright, I'm sorry to intrude but do you think dad can take him a minute while we get mom cleaned up?" Mitsune said cutting in.

Izuku nodded slowly moving to pass the baby to his father. The doctor instructed him how to properly hold the baby as he took it from his tired mate's arms.

The baby cried a little being taken away from his mother's warmth but quickly fell quiet as he was enveloped in a comforting hold. His foggy pup brain didn't quite understand it but he would learn to find comfort in this spicy scent that he would learn to call dad.

As Katsuki looked down at the closed eyed pup clinging to him so trustingly he felt butterflies swarm his stomach.
He knew right then and there that he would do anything for this pup, not even an hour old and he had already tangled himself so deeply in his heartstrings, Katsuki was definitely in trouble.

But maybe that wasn't such a bad thing.

_________________

_________________________________________________________

Soon the little family was moved into a more private part of the ward, daylight was streaming through the bedside window.