Ch. 26 Losing faith

The time had come for Shoto's wedding, the couple was already on their way both in their best suits. They had been staying at a Hotel close to the location where the wedding was being held, provided by the groom to be himself, he wanted them close so they could be at rehearsals and the drive was too long to go there and back. Especially since they had an almost 7-month-old pup.

The greenette readjusted himself in his seat, tugging at his jacket. He glanced out the window at the passing street lights.

Katsuki watching him out of the corner of his eye, keeping his eyes on the road.

The omega reclined himself back in his seat glancing over at the covered car seat, Katzume was still snug asleep, breathing quietly.

He turned back when he felt a hand on his thigh. Katsuki rubbed his thumb in a small circle in a comforting motion.

The omega gently laid his hand over the alphas, "What's up?"

The ash-blonde glanced over quickly, he pressed his lips into a thin line as he was trying to find the best possible way to word his concern without Izuku clamping up.

"You're losing weight."

Izuku was taken aback, was he? He hadn't had much of an appetite, but was it that noticeable?

He glanced down at his suit which used to flatter him nicely but now in areas where it used to be tight it was looser.

Pathetic, making your alpha worry. He doesn't want you now, you're disgusting to him, how could he ever love you now?

He shut his eyes tightly trying to push away the thoughts invading his mind.

A bag of bones, useless, can't even take care of yourself, how can you expect to take care of the city? Some symbol of peace you've become.

"Deku?"

He blinked, snapping out of his head. Katsuki was still holding his knee tightly, after he'd gone silent he hadn't said a word. And was beginning to suspect he'd fucked up again.

"Oh, uh, have I? I-I didn't notice, I guess we should have dishes with more protein and fat in them!"

He forced a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. Katsuki frowned not buying his facade,

"Do you really think I'm buying that bull-"

"Oh hey were here, can you get Katzume I'm going to see if I can find Shoto-!" He cut him off laughing nervously, he popped open the car door undoing his seat belt with fumbling hurriedness, he trotted away leaving Katsuki sitting there mouth slightly ajar.

The car door opened and he watched Izuku disappear into the grand tan building, shrinking in the distance leaving him alone.

He flopped back into his chair pinching his brow bone.

He sighed running his hands through his hair, letting his face rest in his hands, a horrible and familiar feeling overcame him, one he hoped he would never have to feel ever again, completely powerless.

_____________________

_______________________________

Finally, the wedding was being set in motion, all the guests were accounted for and filed into the rented hall where the ceremony would take place.

Izuku was with Shoto and the other groomsmen; Natsuo, Inasa, Kirishima, Fuyumi (he wanted her to be in the wedding.), Iida, and (surprisingly) Katsuki.