Ch.28 Simple Changes

Bluebirds were bouncing on cherry blossom branches shaking petals loose in cascades of blush petals, pirouetting in the spring sun.

Beautiful.

Green tufts of Jade shone in the rays of light, reflecting in playful tendrils stray hairs springing out at wild angles.

Staring out a window feeling finally a sense of peace.

It had been a few months since the incident.  Izuku had finally gotten professional help.

After a trip to the doctors he was patched up and told he had developed postpartum depression.

“T-that’s a thing?  Izuku asked in surprise . 

The familiar blue haired alpha doctor nodded solemnly,

“Yes it is, and in your case it was pretty severe.”

As he had processed the information suddenly all the constant whispers of his subconscious guilt and self doubt started making sense, the exhaustion, the lack of energy, having to struggle to even get out of bed. It all added up. It was terrifying but also.. A relief.

Soon after he was sent to a therapist and given some medication to help him cope. The couple's mothers had instantly jumped in after they found out what had been happening, offering all kinds of help, from babysitting, to even finding Izuku a support group for omega’s who were experiencing the same things. And slowly but surely Izuku began to recover. 

Now taking weekly therapy sessions that he had denied for years saying “I’m fine, they should save their time for someone who needs it.” 

“I guess all it took was one attempt on your life and endangering your pup and alpha to a life of heartbreak to finally knock some sense into you.” 

Mitsuki had shook her head but the joke was imminent in her voice.

She leaned in the doorframe of his hospital room, arms crossed. Katsuki was busy going to get them lunch. Inko had tagged along, probably hoping for a chance to snatch the baby away from ‘Dada’.

Izuku blinked at her, cracking a small smile he chuckled half heartedly before looking distantly out the window again. His tongue began to form words on it’s own. Something about the woman just made you want to spill your guts out to her, maybe that was her true quirk.

“Yeah they saved me, all these dark thoughts were crowding me, but I finally realised that they needed me as much as I needed them and that’s enough,” He looked up with a teary eyed smile “even if I’m not number 1 they’ll always need me so I’ll be ok, I promise.”

She nodded understandingly, smiling in turn.

_____

“Ready to go?”

He nodded off the memory turning his eyes to his best friend sitting in the doorway, soft velvet green dress flowing off her figure, she smiled.

He adjusted his suit, the green tie far up his neck, he pulled at the collar feeling the perspiration gathering already.

“Well if I’m being honest I think I could spend an eternity in here pretending I have something to adjust.” He turned back to her beaming.

She laughed walking up to him holding her hand behind her back.

"Whatcha hiding? Car keys? For one last night out before I'm chained for life?" He teased poking her shoulder and leaning into his hip.

She snickered, "Yeah what do you say bestfriend? Wanna ditch this place before it two late and get white girl wasted?"

Izuku stared at her wide eyed, unsure if she was actually serious.