52

Eva

Aurora and I were conversing at the garden when Miles and his men appeared out of nowhere and tackled me to my feet, "Drag her to the basement..." Miles instructed, while the men grasped me.

"Miles, what's going on?" Aurora and I panicked.

"Let me go---"

I tried to fight my way out of their hold, but I was no match to them, a cloth went over my mouth along with a masculine hand, holding it there.

My eyes widened and I placed my hands over large ones.

As I began to struggle, I looked up to see one of Carlos's men, holding me and suffocating me with a white cloth. I mumbled weakly against his hold and he pressed even harder,

I dug my nails into his hand, but as I continued to struggle, I felt my body becoming weak quickly. My eyelids began to flutter and the last thing I saw before passing out was the smirk on Miles face.

My head ached when I began to regain consciousness. I didn't know where I was, but wherever I was, I wasn't comfortable.

I couldn't find the resilience to open my eyes, they felt too heavy, I was even more afraid to find out where I was,

It also felt like I was tied to a chair. It was extremely uncomfortable, when I finally managed to open my eyelids, I was looking up at a familiar ceiling, it took a second to realize I was in the basement again, the same one Nate was in,

"Eva?"

I turned my neck to the side to see Nate hanging on a rope, a metal bucket under his feet.

My eyes widened and I began to struggle.

"Nate!"

I started to shriek, fighting my way out of the chair but nothing, I couldn't wiggle out the ropes, while toiling and shouting, I took my eyes to the corner and noticed Carlos sitting on a chair, watching me.

He was just sitting there, his shirt unbuttoned a few times at the top.

His gaze was dark and he just watched me like he was waiting for something, "Carlos, what's going on? Why are you doing this?" My voice broke.

"It's funny. I have dealt with several women, deceptive women, but none like you....you appear innocent and naive, a damsel in distress, but it's all a trap."

"Carlos, I already said I'm sorry." I cried to him, ''why was he bringing it up again? "Carlos, why's my brother hanging on a rope?!"

"I brought you into my life, offered you so much, basically the world if I could give it to you in diamonds and gold, and all you have given me in return is constant betrayal," His jaw visibly clenched before he spoke again, "You keep fooling me, Eva, and I keep falling for you, wanting to protect you."

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I fooled you, punish me, punish me alone, please let my brother go, he has nothing to do with this, he's innocent." I cried and pleaded with him, "Please, Carlos, don't hurt him." He begged him,

He leaned back on the chair, looking at me with no hint of emotion on his face,

"Do you know what your problem is?" He said and glared towards Nate, "That is your problem." He pointed at Nate, "you do all these things for him, when he doesn't care if you live or die, want to know what he said when we caught him, he said it was all your idea."

"You piece of shit, you are lying." Nate spat.

Carlos stood from his chair, kickin it behind him and causing it to fall back against the concrete floor with a bang.

I jumped and gasped as he pulled out his gun and fired aimlessly towards Nate, each shot missing purposefully.

I covered my ears and began screaming,

"STOP! PLEASE STOP!" I begged him, feeling the tears begin to burn my face. The sound of the gunfire was so loud when hitting the metal Nate was standing on.

When the gun stopped firing all I could hear was the sound of Nate's screams and my sobbing, it wasn't until I roughly grabbed by the chin that I realized that Carlos was in front of me.

"Where is it?"

"Please..." I cried.

His hold on my chin grew tighter,

I groaned and attempted to grab his hands but was unable to,

"Carlos, please...."

"Miles!" He called out and instantly the door to the room flew open.

Miles walked in and my heart began to race.

This was about to get worse but I wasn't sure if it could any worse than this, my only brother's life was hanging on a metal bucket,

"I won't ask again, where is the rigger?"

"Carlos, I-I don't know what you are talking about?" I raise my voice in tears.

"Miles?" He called,

Miles smirked and began moving towards Nate,

I didn't know what they were up to, but it wasn't good, I shook my head vigorously, "Please... Carlos, You're scaring me. I-I don't want this..."

My pleas went on to be ignored and Miles kicked the bucket again, having me howling,

Nate battled and gasped for air.

"Please.." I start screaming even more.

"That's enough." He said and Miles stopped, "Let's try again, where is it?"

"I-I don't know what you are talking about." I cried out.

He raised his finger and Miles kicked the bucket again, having me screaming again, there was nothing more painful than watching your own brother fight for his life in front of you.

There was a knock suddenly, Miles placed the bucket Place, before the door opened and Luis hurried in,

"We found this, it was in this sweater."

"A phone?" Carlos sounded pissed with the interruption.

"This might look like a phone but it's not, this is a hacking gadget created by whidninja, it allows signals to be sent via WiFi to a target machine. The target recognizes the device as a serial port, allowing interactive commands and scripts to be executed on the target remotely." He said and my eyes widened, that's Aurora sweater,

"In order words, it's a rigger." Carlos turns to look at me with suspicion.

"You can say so."

"And, where did you find this impressive device?"

"Well.... the men found it in...in Eva's room."

I gasped, Carlos's eyes went dark and furious in a flash.

"That's not mine..." I let out quickly, "I don't know how that phone got there, the sweater isn't even mine, it's Aurora's, she lent it to me when I got here."

Carlos signaled Luis and he went out running, I hoped it was to get Aurora.