Chap. 23#

"Alpha Samuel is going to have my head!" Max complains as we're hidden high in the branches of the forest.
"Shut up, I'll handle him you big baby!" I whisper yell at him with a stern look, he glares at me before mocking me.

I roll my eyes, I nudge his arm and our eyes glide down to wolves running past us without a second glance.

"What are they stupid?" I wonder as we jump down, Max snickers as we run the way the wolfs came.
I feel a pain hit my chest, I stop clutching tightly as Max curses under his breath.

After a moment the pain subsides, but seconds later a strangled scream escapes my lips.
Max picks me up, running quickly so we don't get caught.

"Is he in pain, Mia?" Max asks, I shake my head no. He isn't actually, but he is hurting me.
"He's running to far, he's chasing a rogue but it's hurting my connection." I whimper, Max growls and heads the way Jason's scent leads.

"I'm going to kill him." I growl running with Max now, though it doesn't last long.
Two wolfs stop in front of us, Max covers me with this body in a protective stance.

"Jason, we just got stopped by rogues." I whimper, he growls at me, I growl back.
"Stay with Max, do not move." He says with venom in his tone.
"Stop running so far, it's hurting me you idiot!" I shout at him, I feel his wolf whimper wanting me to show affection. I don't, I cut off the mind link leaving him alone.

"We don't mean harm, we want to talk to the Luna." A small voice brings me back from my angry thoughts, I look past Max and see two sixteen year old boys.

"What do you want?" I growl at them, a flash of fear seeps through their eyes.
"We need help, please." He pleads staring at me, I see no sign of lies, just fear.
"With," I call back still hidden behind Max.

"We're not rogues, we came from the Howler pack." They say, but the blood on their bodies says differently.

"Wrong," I start but they stop me, tears in their eyes.
"The Termination and Skins killed our pack, Luna. And they are coming here Sunday." They say and I feel the body drain from my face.

"Their strong, Luna." The other says before collapsing to the ground.

Jason-

Dammit Mia, I can't believe her. She's pregnant, and she cut off our link, she could get hurt!

I'm running quickly, I need Mia. I already feel bad for hurting her, I didn't know I was just trying to protect her.

Carson continued chasing the other wolf as I follow Mia's scent.
After a few moments, I see her and Max holding one of the younger rogues.

I growl running towards Mia, she falls back onto her butt as I stand in my black wolf protecting her.

She growls before her tiny fist pounds into my back.

"I hate you right now, Jason. Don't start, and their from Howler, from a few states over. Their packs gone Jason, they killed them." She whispers, fear in her beautiful voice.

I shift, grabbing a pair of ball shorts that we have hidden all around the forest.
Mia's lucky she didn't shift, I'm already going to kill, Max.

"Is this true? How long did it take you to get here?" I growl at then holding a stubborn Mia behind me.
"It's true Alpha Samuel, and five days." They say, the boys are telling the truth, I see another boy close to death behind him.

"Are all the wolfs that entered today part of Howler?" Mia wonders stepping around me, I growl but hold back. The boy nods kneeling next to his friend.
"My parents told us that Alpha Samuel, and Luna Mia would help. None of us are older then twenty one sir." He speaks and I nod. Their pack was an allie, his already were friendly.