Chap. #40

Please read Authors Note, VERY important my loves!

"That was not fun." Leo states as we pile out of the car and stare at the nursing home.

"Yeah, that's how it usually goes." I laugh as Jason rubs his temples.

"Let's go," Jason growls as we all walk in, I take his hand and give him a smile.
We find both his Grandma and Quaker, we visit Grandma first.

"Oh my God, all my grand babies have grown up!" A women calls and arms go around Jason and Nick, and afterwards Cane, Derek, Adam, and Eric.
"Hey Grandma," They all say with smiles kissing her cheek, I smile and stand off to the side.

"And look at you, aren't you beautiful." She says grabbing my hands smiling at me warmly before Jason. She lets out a gasp before her hands pat my belly.
"And you are pregnant, my dear!" She says again before giving me the tightest hug of my life.
"I am Mia, Jason's mate. And yeah, anytime now I should have the pup." I say once we have pulled away.

We talk for a little more before we say we will be back, leaving the boys with her as Jason, Nick, Alec, Max, and I go to Quaker's Grandfather's room.

"You guys ready?" I ask and we all nod before knocking, hearing a answer, and entering.

"Hello Sir," I say catching his attention and he smiles but his eyes linger over my shoulder and he snickers.

"I cursed you," He speaks and Nick sighs loudly.
"Yeah, I know that. But it is not why I am here." He adds with a slight growl.

"I can explain why we are here." I chime in.
"Your grandson, Quaker has become a very strong hybrid pack. But that is because he lost his parents, your son." I start and I know I have his attention.
"I know who killed them." I say again, he growls loudly which makes Jason pull me back.
"Who? Who was it?" He questions fast.
"Hayden Davis, Crestwood Pack." I say and he just nods without a word. "That is also my brother, I can tell you where he is. He betrayed my family, myself, and my mates pack. I am in no why involved with him, I was taken by rogues because of him and do not care what happens to him and his pack." I say strongly, I see him stare intensely in my eyes, seeing if I am lying, and I know he finds no trace.

"Okay, that is fine. So why are you all here, Miss?" He wonders still staring intensely at us.
"We need you to help call him off, he is destroying packs now trying to find his parents killer. We have him, but he will come after our pack next, we need you to help tell him to stop so we can sit and talk so we can tell him all about Hayden." I say and see him tense as his eyes turn a slight black color.

"This is also my mate sir, and carrying our child. Mia is trying to help you out, do not make me regret something." Jason pipes coming over and wrapping his arms around me.

"Yes, Alpha, and I like Mia, I can tell she is something special. I shall call him when you guys leave, so I can speak to him in peace." He says as his eyes linger over my shoulder to Jason. "Dismissed, Luna, I will call on about what is going on." He adds. I just nod before we walk out but something doesn't feel right.

"That felt to easy." I mind-link Jason who just nods with a straight face in response.

After that everything ran smoothly for the day, Jason and his brothers stayed to talk with their Grandmother, and Leo, Alec, Max, and myself went out for a little dinner and to shop around town.

"It is actually quite beautiful here." I add and everyone agrees, we ended up stopping at a little baby shop to pick up a few things before heading back to the home.

But now it looks a bit more crowded and I hear the unexpected growl I know all to well.

"Jason," I call out and immediately people move and I'm able to get to Jason who now is standing face to face with, Quaker.
On instinct I step in front of Leo and give him my hand to hold for comfort.