Chap. 31#

After a week I was able to leave, luckily I was getting tired of the hospital bed. And I knew Mia hated it to, she could never sleep and if she did she'd wake up tossing and turning which would wake me up. And her being pregnant does not help, but her stomachs bigger and you can now tell she's pregnant, the whole pack knows as well.

Mia's still asleep, she'll be mad that I'm working because I should be relaxing but hey, being an Alpha work never stops.

"Daddy," Leo drags out his voice full of slumber as he walks into the room, he has a blanket wrapped around him shielding him from the coldness. These are the times when I remember his still young, seven actually, and his been through hell and back just like Mia.

"Yes," I say as he walks over to me and sits on my knee, until he shifts he's still a kid to all of us. He didn't get a childhood like every other kid, he should be allowed anything as a child he wants.

"Are we all okay?" He wonders, I snap my head to him as he stares at me.

"What do you mean?" I ask as I sit back in my chair, he shrugs and pulls the blanket closer around him.

"Like is everything okay? Is everything over, their not coming back for us? For Mom?" He wonders, I smile seeing his seriousness, he really does care about us just like we do to him.

"Yes, it's over. The rogues aren't going to hurt you ever again." I say as he hugs me, I hug him back these are the times I really feel like a Father.

When I'm able to help Leo and act like a Father. Tell him it's going to be okay, and make him feel loved and safe. It scares me to know I have the ability it do this and that one day soon I'll have a tiny little one in my arms and I'll have to care care of the pup everyday and night. And I won't mind one bit, Mia will be a wonderful Mother, she's already a wonderful mate, she's the one who really makes me feel like I'm ready and I'll be okay no matter what.

After putting Leo back to sleep I go back to my office. I remember what Mia said a few days ago, I pick up my phone dialing the number.

After three rings he picks up.

"Jason, how are you?" Hayden says with a sigh with relief, I chuckle getting up holding my phone to my ear.

"I'm good, it's been busy lately since the attack. Mia's healed nicely as well as I, and she said you we're attacked. What's that about?" I say as I climb the stairs slowly not to injure my body even more then it is.

"Jason, I may be a big pack but this pack was way bigger. Every time you killed off one wolf their was two more waiting. I've never seen them before either, I have no idea who they were!" He says gobsmacked.

I only have about thousand more pack members then Hayden's pack, if he's saying it's bad then it might just be. I stay quiet for a moment as I enter our room silently.

"Really? Are you sure maybe it wasn't just some rogues?" I question as I climb in bed next to Mia, all I had on was black sweat pants and no shirt so I'm already comfortable. As if she knew I was there she wraps around me. Her legs are tangled with mine as she spoons me and her hand lays across my chest, her head snug in the crook of my neck as my arm wraps around her body. I hold her close to me kissing her forehead lightly.

"I don't think so, but hey I don't know." He says as he sighs, I hear Heidi in the back round, muffled sounds before Hayden's back.

"I'll call you back, Jace. Heidi's getting in one of them moods, a bitchy one in all honesty." He says with a chuckle, I hear Heidi growl and laugh as well.

"Alright man, later." I say as we hang up, I put my phone on the table before cuddling into Mia.

"Alpha," I hear Alec knock on my bed room door. Mia breathes in deeply before stretching, her head cranes up ot mine and she has a sleepy smile.