Chap. #6

Read authors note at end!:)

Were all silent, frozen, I know my eye's are black as night.

"No one touches my mate," I growl lowly stepping a little bit closer, the rogue growls back and I see fear across Mia's face.

"Don't worry Mia." I mind link her and she narrows her eyes at me, her eyes turning black.
"There's a knife to my neck Jason! I'm fucking scared!" She screams and I frown at her, she's mad.

This is my fault, why wasn't I watching her?

"Let my mate go!" I growl and the rogue drops the knife from her neck luckily.
But instead he holds her tightly and lowers his head his canines getting dangerous close to her neck.
"Bad mistake," Nick growls as I shift mid air into my midnight black wolf. I grab for his neck jerking him away from Mia who falls to the ground. Soon two other wolfs join me, Nick and my Dad both big strong wolfs but not as big as me.
In an instant we kill him, blood covering our mouths.

My eyes search for Mia. Alec, Max, and all my brothers have Mia, and my Mother in a circle protecting them as more rogues crowd. The wolves can't get to either of them, my men are strong.

I growl loudly and the rogues back away and run into the forest. I debate whether to run after them but stop myself watching my mate fall to the ground on her knees.
I run over to her still in my wolf form and nuzzle her jaw before laying my head on her shoulder.

She slowly looks up and I sit in front of her just staring. As soon as her eyes lock with mine, tears erupt in her eyes and she backs away quickly ramming her back into a tree and I can tell it hurt her.
I take a few steps towards her and she kicks her feet bringing me to a halt.

I shift and put on a pair of basketball shorts, so I'm not naked.
"Mia, what's wrong?" I wonder grabbing into her legs pulling her to me, I need my mate.
"Don't touch me! I have a mate!" She shouts pushing at my chest and that's when I know what's happening.

"Shit," I say before grabbing Mia's arms shaking her softly, she needs to come back.
"What's wrong with her?" My Mom screams in my ear, she's scared as well.
"She's having a flash back, when she was stuck in a cell underground by rogues. The rogue triggered a flashback." I say still shaking Mia, roughly now my wolf getting angry, my nails probably digging into her skin but I don't care. She's not coming back, why isn't she?
"Mia!" I scream and hold her close to my chest whispering sweet nothings into her ear, hoping she'll come back to me.

After a minute I feel her body untense and shake softly as her hands clutch my shirt holding me close.
"Mia it's okay," I say softly as she leans up burying her head in my neck as salty tears hit my neck. I whisper sweet nothings into her ear letting her cry as she relaxes.

I want to tell her to stop crying, that everything's okay but instead I let her cry and hold her close.
"Let's go home, everyone." I say picking her up as her legs wrap around my waist and her trembling arms held tightly around my neck.

Everybody comes back to our house and are waiting in the living room for us.

"Mia," I say sitting up in bed with my back to the headboard. She whimpers and pulls her body closer to me and I sigh, I pull her back and take her head in my hands, it kills me to see how much fear I can see just by looking at her. I wait five long seconds before crashing my lips to hers. I hear her gasp but calm down her lips moving with mine.

We pull away after a minute our lungs fighting for air, us panting.
"Everything's okay," I say and she gives me a small smile and nods. I smile and kiss her forehead, hugging her tightly.
"Wipe your face off, and come downstairs okay? I don't want to see anymore tear stained, or make up stained cheeks okay?" I say and she giggles, nodding softly controlling herself.
"Okay Jason," She says kissing my cheek before we get up, while I go downstairs, and her to the bathroom.