Chapter 10

2 days later

Laura''s POV

Ross was finally being discharged from the hospital today. I left the hospital 2 days ago so his family could be with him but hadn't seen him since. I couldn't meet him today either. I had a poetry slam that I signed up for about 2 months ago. I had been so exit item but I really didn't want to do it anymore. I wanted to see Ross because I hadn't seen him after his operation and I knew he ok but I wouldn't be satisfied till I saw him with my own two eyes.

I threw on a plain tank top and some black leggings and left my hair out. I went downstairs. Vanessa my sister was at work and Mom was in her room probably cleaning like she always is. And I had no idea about where dad was.

I went down to the kitchen and put some bread in the toaster. I looked in all the cabinets only to see we were out of Nutella and jam and honey as well as garlic butter. I stopped the toaster and opened the fridge door to see if we had any milk. No milk either.

" Mom! There's no food! And I'm running late!" I yelled waiting for her to come down and find something to eat. I waited about 2 minutes and then went upstairs my self. I saw Mom was still sleeping.

"Mom are you alright." I asked getting worried.

She slowly nodded as she got up.

"I just have a slight headache, and I'm so sorry but I don't think I'll be able to do e to your poetry slam today. And yeah we are out of food, I was supposed to go grocery shopping today after your performance can you just have something on your way there and tell Vanessa what's going on?" She asked. I nodded and went back to my room and decided to do something to my hair. I done a puff at the front and put in a peacock hair clip to keep it in place. I put on a bit of make up to match my clothes and got down on my hands and knees to look under my bed and decide what shoes I was going to wear. I had ALOT of shoes so this was going to take about 5-10 minutes. I took a deep sigh and started searching.

In the end I decided to slip on some black converse that I didn't realise I had. I grabbed my keys, phone and earphones and ran down the stairs with mixed emotions. Poetry was a very special topic and helped to get though depression when I was 13. It wasn't normal poetry, but it was spoken word poetry. Poems that didn't have to ryhm or even make sense as long as you conveyed your feelings. My poetry was deep. It only made sense if you had the right and poetic mind or it would be a stupid bunch of words that didn't make sense. Todays slam had Palestines topic so I was doing a poem I wrote not so long ago

I heard my phone go off and checked to see who it was from. It was a message from Rydel:

Rydel: you wanna come over? A special friend seems to be missing you a lot.

I quickly replied

Laura: Sorry I have a poetry slam and can't come over. I would if I didn't have to go but Ive been working really hard for this. I would have asked you guys to come along but you should stay with Ross till he feels better.

Rydel: ok sure break a leg!!! <3

I walked out side and it was freezing. Then I realised why. I didn't bring a jumper or coat.

I ran back inside and grabbed my favourite leather jacket and drove to the theatre.

My phone pinged again and I saw there were 5 messages.

Ross: break a leg!

Rocky: GO LAURA

Riker: Rock on girl

Ratliff: gurl your da best everyone knows you will be the best there!

Ryland: Hey my bro has a crush on you so I'm gunna send you a vitual hug *hugs*