Chapter 79

KIAN'S POV

"Dad?" She says. She's not smiling like she was a few seconds ago, but she's not breaking down like she did earlier.

"Nevaeh?" I ask unsure of what to do. Her face is beginning to pale, and her breath is quickly. Before I realise what I'm doing, I find myself dialling someone's number.

"What's up" Tyler answers.

"I don't know, she said dad and dropped the lump of glass and she's gone pale" I panic. "Nevaeh, babe look at me" I say waving my hand in front of her face. The man in the suit, he's walking towards us.

"Where are you?" Tyler's voice asks.

"In the mall, outside Forever 21" I say running my fingers through my hair.

"I'm about 10 minutes away, sit her down, get her some water and try to get her to talk or even just cry." He instructs. I nod even though he can't he me and hang up before sitting her back down in the nearest bench. Emma has started crying and her mother is trying to calm her down, but it's not working. By the time Tyler arrives, 35 minutes later than he said he could come, she's not said a word. I see him practically skid across the mall towards us. He sits beside Nevaeh coaxing her, taking her hand and trying to some how communicate with her. She doesn't respond. In the end, I get mad and press my lips against hers, she doesn't kiss back.

"Let's get her home, then decide whether to take her to the hospital or not" Tyler says. He reaches for her but I pick her up bridal style and Tyler pushes the stroller whilst Aunt Anna follows behind us unsure of what to do. Emma stops crying and finally gets settled down.

"How did you get here?" I ask Tyler.

"By car" he states simply. I hand him my keys and get in the back with Nevaeh, hoping she's just fallen asleep with her eyes open and she's close to waking up.

"Did you call anyone else?" He asks me.

"No, why would I?" I ask. He face palms and starts calling people in her family who all say they'll be home as quick as they can.

"Your supposed to be a smart ass not a dumbass!" Tyler tells me as he pulls up.

"Let's get her inside" I tell him.

"I was planning on moving into the car with her" he sarcastically remarks. When we lay her down on the sofa, we realise she has fallen asleep.

"What now?" I ask.

"We wait till she wake up" he says going to open the front door.

NEVAEH'S POV

"Dad" I greet my father formally.

"Nevaeh, come, sit" he says simply. His briefcase sits by the table leg beside him and he sits up in his office chair, resting his hands in his knees, crossed, in quite a feminine position.

"Yes father" I obey. I scurry across the room to sit on the old chair opposite him.m

"That boy" he begins. His glare send shivers down my spine even though he is my father.

"Kian" I say. I nod for him to continue as I fix my skirt.

"He spoke to me earlier, he wishes to marry you, am I correct?" He asks.

"Yes Daddy" I whisper. I didn't ever think I would need my fathers approval when getting married. Even if I did, I would think it was Mark, not him.

"Well, I think your too young to get married, your only 18" he says.

"23" I gently correct him.