Chapter 81

(It's a picture of the sunset io OK in India, it's not good but it's one of the best I've ever taken so here it is!)

LYNN'S POV

They didn't tell me anything, they said that I was related to this man. I was pushed into this dimly lit room and told to talk with her.

"Hello darling" says a man with blonde hair like Nevaeh's and mine. He is weari a business suit and there's a briefcase by his foot. He is sitting by a big pile of papers, with a pen still in his hands.

"Who are you?" I ask curiously.

"I'm... Lucas" he says slowly.

"Who are you to me?" I clarify my question.

"I'm... Your uncle" he says. Maybe that's why he seems so familiar.

"Why are you here, are you going to take me away?" I ask him.

"No babe, I just wanted to say hello" he tells me.

"I'm not your babe" I say sternly by accident. Nevaeh told me to never talk to anyone like that, no matter what. "Sorry" I mumble.

NEVAEH'S POV

"Shouldn't she be out by now?" I say for what feels like the millions in the past hour. She only had to spend 15 minutes in there and it's been almost 30.

"Nevvy, relax!" Ryland says rubbing my shoulders trying to calm me down.

"What if she wants to stay?" I ask.

"We can't really do anything about that then. " Ross shrugs beside me

"Ross!" Delly scolds.

"Nevaeh!" Lynn says as she happily prances o of the room.

"What?" I ask, I'm sort of shocked that she isn't shocked.

"That's uncle Lucas!" She chirps. "You didn't tell me we had an uncle Lucas!"

"That's because-" I start angrily, but am abruptly cut off by Rocky.

"Your sister hasn't met him since she was a baby" he says. I elbow him and he glares at me before turning and smiling at my little sister.

"Your turn" Ryland says pushing me towards the door. I sigh deeply then walk in.

"Hi" he says smiling at me.

"You didn't tell Lynn?" I say then bite my lip.

"No, I don't want her to know her father was a abusive alcoholic. I have improved darling, it took me time to recover but it helped me. I don't drink anymore, I actually work with a publishing agency right here in London, and I get to go on a lot of business trips. They said family is welcome with me, but unfortunately I have nothing left. Of course if you chose to stay, then maybe, just maybe, I could make it up to you. I won't tell Lynn anything unless you want me too, and I'm not saying you have too, but could you please give me another chance" he says, I can practically see hope glistening in his eyes, but there no way that ever going to happen. I shake my no and turn to walk out of the room.

"Nevaeh, Darling please!" He says placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Even if I were to give you another chance, you could never ever make up for what you have done to me, I mean who tries to sell their daughter more than once?" I exclaim. "Do you really think me sitting in some airplanes is going to fix what you did? The truth is, that you no longer want to be alone!" I scream in his face.

"Nevaeh! That's not true!" He tried to explain, but today, I could get out all the hatred I have towards him out of my soul forever.

"You think that just because you have my dream job I'm going to look up to you? That your gunna have a briefcase and not tell anyone it's full of drugs?" I say. I glance at the time. I only have 14 seconds left in here.

"Nevaeh!" He tries to speak but I don't let him.

"Don't you dare say my name with that filthy tongue of yours!" I yell.

"But I have some big news" he says.

"I don't care" I shriek. I leave the room as soon as my fifteen minutes end. Everyone sitting outside stares at me like I'm mad but I ignore them and go sit in the limo. Everyone comes down a while after and I see someone behind them.

"Why did you follow me here? I already told you I don't want to hear it!" I say pressing the button to close the window. The door opened and he holds it firmly when I try to pull it shut.

"Nevaeh! Your mother and I are getting back together" he shouts at me, I feel as though I have literally been slapped in the face all over again.

"No! You can't!" I gasp.

"Nevaeh, your mother and I have discussed it, we're getting married and I'm moving to California." He tells me as tears brim in my eyes.

"Why are you bent on ruining our lives?" I cry. Tyler my snarky subconscious reminds me. "What going to happen to Tyler? Are you going to sell his body to the capital?" I cry.

"No, we'll take care of him till he finds his parents, and even longer than that if he wishes!" He continues. "And.. We... We want you to come and stay with us too!" He says.

"That's definitely not happening!" I say. I climb out of the limo, grabbing Rydel's purse and as I start running and finding someone to go. I already have my phone at hand so I know they will call me soon.

What's going to happen? If I don't stay will they tell everyone? How do I continue keeping it my secret?
______________________________
Hey guys!

Most of this was typed on my phone in the car or plane, so please ignore spelling mistakes!

I love India so far! It's like heaven and I've never ever ever felt this free! My dad can drive here unlike back home so the four of us are hardly ever at home!

My sister has spent so much time on the swings, and she hardly ever eats and we don't eat at home as often as we do out! At my dads house, it gets really bring because she is the favourite there and I'm just a lost puppy,  but we're going. To stay at my mums side tomorrow where I'm the favourite! I can't wait for that!

It's really warm here, I'm enjoying the weather a lot too! What's the weather like where you are?

And seeing as I'm on holiday, I will just update when I have time!

So we were sitting with some cousins, and we were really hot and we were at a party with no fans, then suddenly, they started talking about marriage, then the talk of my marriage came up despite the fact that I'm only 14.

"Do you like anyone?" My moms friend asks.

"No" I lie.

"Then why are you blushing?"

"I'm not blushing" *goes even redder*

"So who's the lucky guy?"

"No one" I lie again.

"There's definitely someone!"

"No one!!"*runs out of room and locks myself in the bathroom still blushing*

Also, I'm doing a small Q&A as myself, an author or any of the characters in the book, so feel free to ask any questions you want!

Love you all so much!

- Cin 😘