Chapter 40

STORMIE'S POV

"Ross? Nevaeh?" I called, they had both been gone a while. We had to announce some big news to everyone!

"Coming" Ross yelled, Nevaeh ran in sniffling. Her seemed a bit red.

"Who was it Sweets? Are you alright?" I asked her.

"I'm fine" she said. "Did I miss anything?"

"Erm no, we were waiting for you!" Mark said. Then Ross walked in and sat down, his eyes were also a bit red.

"Ok, well Hollywood Records called, and they said we are going to be filming a movie!!!" Mark announced. We all clapped and cheered and celebrated, although Nevaeh and Ross were a little less enthusiastic.

"Ok, now anyone have any bad news?" Mark asked the kids. Suddenly Laura ran upstairs to the bathroom.

"Yeah, Austin and ally have a final season" I heard Ross say as I got up to follow Laura.

"You already said that with good news" Rocky said.

"Yeah but it's bad news too" Ross argued. Rocky sighed and they all sat down and waited for us to return.

"Laura, are you ok?" I called as I knocked on the door.

"Can you open the door and come in please" she said. I did and I saw she was throwing up.

"Oh honey, are you ok?" I called through the door. I heard her throwing up.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, but can you come and help me a little?" She asked.

"Yes sweets" I said walking in. I held her hair back as she continued throwing up. After a while, she finally stopped, and I waited patiently as she brushed her teeth. I checked the time. It was 2pm. Alexa still hadn't woken up.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what happened!" She said once she was finished.

"It's okay, let's get you checked by a doctor" I said. I sent her down whilst I went to check if Alexa was up yet. She wasn't in the bed, and it was neatly made with Rydel's pyjamas neatly folded and put on the pillow.

"Alexa, are you here?" I called. There was no answer. I went down and asked Rocky.

"Hey Rocky, where is Alexa, she's not upstairs?" I asked.

"Who's Alexa?" Nevaeh asked.

"I was at a night club and we danced and the basic let's not be alone tonight situation happened, so we came home, but I dropped her off this morning though. She had to get going for work" he hurriedly explained. Lynn's smile turned into a mischievous grin.

"You are never allowed to bring a guy home" Nevaeh said sternly. I laughed.

"So we were talking about bad news" Laura sighed. "I have some bad news for you guys"

"What happened? Is it your mum?" Riker asked.

"Yesterday, the doctors announced she has last stage cancer, and if she doesn't get a transplant soon, it's be too hard to save her" Laura said.

"I'm so sorry Sweety, and we can all go for a test whilst we get you checked up!" I said.

"Checked up? For what? What's wrong babe?" Riker asked hurriedly.

"I threw up but moms making a big deal out of it" Laura said. Yes, she calls me mom, she has been for quite a while actually. And since she is marrying my son, I am a mother for her.

"Oh, I'm sure your fine" Riker said going red. I held in a giggle, and we all decided to go to the beach and celebrate as we had so much good news.
____________

5 HOURS LATER
RIKER'S POV

We all gathered around the fire. Laura and I sat next to Rydel and Ratliff, with Nevaeh next to her and then Ross. Then Rocky then Ryland then Lynn (who were both playing Rock Paper Scissors) then mum then dad. It wasn't dark yet but we had our guitar anyway. We sang songs and laughed about. Everyone went for a swim too, except for Nevaeh, who said she didn't have a swimsuit and wouldn't go swimming anytime soon.

"Hey don't touch her" Ross said to Ell. We all looked at Rydel and Ellington. Ell took his hand out of her suddenly and they both went a bit red.

"Ratty, I can't hide this anymore, it's time to tell them" Rydel sighed. Ratty? I mean seriously?

"Hide what?" I asked annoyed.

"Me and ... Erm... Rydel... We.." He stuttered. He look at Rydel who gave him an encouraging nod. He took a deep breath and then quickly spit out the words. " me and Rydel have been dating for a while now, we were just too scared to tell you" Ell said. I felt anger overflow in my brain.

"WHAT?" I fumed.

"What the fuck makes you think you have permission to do that?" Ryland roared. Ross's face went all red and he got up and stranded running along the beach. Me and the rest of my brothers got up and all lunged forward and tackled Ellington, who fell back in his log.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nevaeh get up and run behind Ross. I wasn't going to stop today. I felt mum, dad, Laura and even Lynn trying to pull us off him. Rydel caught hold of my hand but I pushed her back and she fell to the floor. I felt the eyes on me and my Brothers, but I didn't do anything. Tonight was going to be the end of him.

_______________________
NEVAEH'S POV

I ran after Ross, but I was pretty sure he hadn't seen me yet. He hadn't turned around but I was pretty sure he had a certain place he was running too. I knew because he took turns that seemed pretty familiar to him and I didn't bother reading his mind because I knew exactly what he was thinking.

He started running towards a forest. I did my best to not be seen as he was now looking around as though he was looking for someone or something. I hid behind different trees and did my best to not make any nose. He'd slowed down now. I wasn't pretty sure anymore, but I was certain he was going to a certain place.

I saw him climb up a tree. It was a really thick tree, but he climbed it with ease. I looked more carefully and saw that there were wooden logs nailed onto it. They were cleverly hidden though, and wouldn't be there if you looked carefully.

I waited for a few minutes, in case he came down again, but he didn't. I decided to go in after him. I walked up to the tree really quietly and started climbing. They looked old but didn't creek or anything at all. Once I was almost there,I checked what was up there. It was a door. I went up and slowly opened it. I saw Ross sit in the corner, his arms hugging his legs and his head buried in knees. I walked in closing the door behind me.

Why was my brother crying?

_____________________________________________________

Hey guys!

My exams finish tomorrow and I am exhausted! I'm updating today because I doubt I'll be doing much tomorrow! Anyway have a good weekend! Let's hope Ratty gets better eh?

Good day!

- Cin 😘