Chapter Twenty- Four . . . Security and Christmas Wishes

Chapter Twenty-Four  . . . Security and Christmas Wishes

"Dear God Ray! All of these bloody roses are giving me a headache!" Gavin whined and I shook my head. What a little whiner.

"Sorry bud, but you know how it is. I have to defend my title." Ray joked but stared at me the whole time, and the look in his eyes showed me that he felt bad about lying to his friend, but he was doing it for me.

I suddenly felt guilty for having all of them lie for me, but I had to. My heart couldn't handle it if Gavin left me, and if he heard this story he was definitely going to leave me.

I smiled at them both and sat on the couch next to Ryan who sadly smiled back at me. "So your not telling him?" He asked, so we could only hear and I shook my head gently.

"No he doesn't need this." Ryan took a minute before he adjusted himself so he was closer to me and was able to look me in the eye.

"My wife and I are getting divorced because we don't .  . . I don't communicate with her." He said honestly, and I was shocked. This was the first time I heard about Ryan getting divorced. Not that I was here long, but it was still a shock.

"I'm so sorry Ryan." He shook his head.

"Don't be. I just want you to know this so you don't make the same mistake that I did." He said and turned back to his computer where he was setting up for the game we were going to be playing.

I turned to my computer and did the same. As I was getting ready to sync, Burnie popped his head into the room.

"Hey Cat, can I see you for a second?" He asked.

"Of course." I got up from my seat getting looks from Gavin, but I ignored it and walked out of the room.

I followed Burnie to the conference room, and all the way there I felt the tension in the air. Clearly my situation was a big deal here at Rooster Teeth.

When I walked into the conference room I was met with the concern looks of Geoff, Gus, and who I assumed was Matt.

"Take a seat." Burnie offered as he walked around the table to his seat next to the guys, and I followed his direction and sat in the seat where I was left under the gaze of all my bosses.

"Well Cat, it's nice to finally to meet you." Matt said with a smile. While I've been working here I've never been quite able to meet Matt due to our differences in our schedules.

"It's nice to meet you too, Matt." I said with a smile.

"I just wish it was under different cirucumstances." He added sadly before turning to the papers in his hands "We're here to offer you protection." He added.

"I really hate being a bother." I admitted as I sat back in my seat trying to make myself relax.

"This isn't just for you, but for all of us." Gus offered making me feel even more guilty for only thinking about myself and not for the others.

"We are having more security cameras put into the building just to see who enters and leaves the building. Also when you are leaving, I don't want you alone." Matt explained and looked up from the papers to me.

"I can do that, but do we have any idea who sent the flowers?" I asked and Burnie spoke up.

"I called the shops around Austin and there isn't a company who remembers selling six dozen roses, especially with a threatening message on it." I bit my lip and nodded.

"So we have nothing." I said out loud.

"Well, that's why we are taking care of this now, so that he doesn't get his hands on you." Gus said bluntly.