Chapter 41

Hunter

Kill!

Kill!

Kill!

The voice in my head is constantly repeating this and I can't find it in me to deny it. I slash through everyone that gets in my way, leaving only a pile of mutilated bodies behind me.

Yet I can't find it in me to feel bad.

No one will stop me!

Kill!

Kill!

Find!

Find!

FIND!!!

Find what?

Skye

I pace in front of the house, rocking Stephanie in my arms, while dad holds Adrian, feeding him a bottle of mom's blood. We're waiting for Alpha Leo; he called a while ago to announce that he's coming here. Apparently mom contacted him and asked him to come, saying we're in danger.

But she didn't say what kind of danger, so the whole pack is on edge. Alpha Leo's instructions were clear: keep everyone in their houses and don't even let the patrolling wolves out.

I don't like it.

Something's not right.

Why would he want us to stay defenseless with the threat from rogues and Hunter gone?

It means he knows something.

"He's here." Dad says, just when a black car pulls up in front of us. A distressed Alpha Leo gets out of the car, glancing around nervously.

"Looks like I made it. Thank goddess." He sighs in relief, before walking up to me and my dad. "Hello Skye. Long time no see, huh? I wish it was in better circumstances." He greets me with a smile which turns to a frown.

"What circumstances? Leo, please explain this to us." Dad requests, unable to shake Leo's hand since he's still feeding Adrian.

"You'll find out once Angel's here. I'm sorry. – Leo smiles apologetically then turns to the babies in our arms – Are those my little grandbabies? Such cuties you are." He coos at them, gently stroking Stephanie's head with his fingers.

"Would you like to hold her?" I offer with a smile. Alpha Leo has always been really nice to me ever since I left that horrendous mine.

"Of course. You don't have to ask." He grins, happy at the thought of having his granddaughter in his arms. I gently give Stephanie to him, and she immediately snuggles into his chest with a cute little cooing sound. "Such a beautiful girl. My little baby." He sighs in pure joy. "And that must be little Adrian. Hungry little boy, aren't you?" He chuckles at my prince as he sucks greedily on his bottle.

"Alpha-" I start, but Alpha Leo cuts me off.

"Dad. You call me 'dad'." He sternly orders, making me gulp nervously. I almost forgot how intimidating he is.