Chapter 12

Skye

I can't sleep.

The thought of those guys coming to find me keeps me awake and I can't shake off the bad feeling that they're going to hurt me again.

Luna said there's almost 50 wolves that worked with my father. That's a huge threat. I can't understand how could the Alpha pair be so calm about this. I know their pack is not weak, but I don't want to cause trouble.

"What's wrong, love?" Hunter pulls me to his chest when I turn around. Again.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up."

"I wasn't sleeping. I could feel your agitation, but I waited for you to talk to me. What is it?" He sits up, leaning his back against the headboard and pulls me onto his lap so I straddle him.

"What if they come after me?" I express my worries. I can't bring myself to lie to him when he stares at me with those golden and silver eyes.

"Then I'll kill them all. No one will hurt you under my watch." Hunter states with pure conviction in his voice.

"You heard Luna. There's a lot of them."

"I don't care. If they as much as cross our borders, we'll deal with them. Mom has already rearranged the patrols, so we'll know if they even come close. You don't have to worry about anything. You just need to relax and leave it all to me. I'm more than capable of keeping you safe." He cups my face and leaves a sweet kiss on my lips. And just like that I melt. "My cute little mate."

We settle back under the covers and Hunter immediately cradles me in his arms, providing me with warmth and a sense of security. I snuggle even closer to him and let the sleep come.

Next time we wake up it's already late night. After having a quick bite, we decide to leave the house so we don't wake anyone up. Hunter assured me that all walls are soundproofed, but I still don't want to bother his sleeping family.

We're sitting on the front porch, with me cradled in Hunter's arms as he sits in the rocking chair.

"When could you mark me?" I ask after a while, slightly unsure of Hunter's reaction, despite the constant reassurance of his love for me.

Hunter growls deep in his throat and crushes me to his chest even more. "I can do it right now if you want." He tells me, his deep voice turning hoarse, making warmth spread through my core. It always surprises me how my body reacts to him. It takes one growl, one look and I'm reduced to a hormonal mess.

"Don't tempt me, my love. I'd take you right here and right now and I won't care who's watching." I audibly swallow at the promise in his voice, my throat suddenly dry. I lick my lips to moisten them and Hunter's hungry gaze follows the movement of my tongue, causing my pulse to quicken and my breaths to shorten.

Before I can even blink, he smashes his mouth to mine and devours me, our tongues battling heatedly. Sometime during our kiss I end up straddling Hunter's waist. I feel heat spread through my body as the very prominent bulge in his pants pokes my core. I subconsciously grind myself on him, the yearning for his touch unbearable. I want this man, badly. I crave his touch with unimaginable force. I feel like I'll die without him.

"I love you, Hunter." I tell him once we pull away before pecking his plump red lips that are slightly swollen from our passionate kiss. "I... I need you to mark me. If you still want me..." I trail off.

"What do you mean if I want you?! – he growls in frustration – I think I made it obvious that I want, no, need you. You're mine, mine and mine alone. No one will take you from me." I grin widely at his words and kiss him again.

"Let's go to back to my room. If my little love wants to be marked, then who am I to deny such request..." I don't even have time to react as Hunter gets up from the chair and carries me back inside, kicking his bedroom door shut with a loud bang, not minding the fact that everyone's sleeping.

He gently lays me on the huge bed and settles between my thighs, kissing me hungrily as his hands roam over my small body. I feel so tiny compared to him. But instead of feeling scared by his huge form, it makes me feel safe. I know that as long as I'm in his big strong arms no harm will come to me.

Hunter slowly pulls off my shirt, revealing my small chest. He trails his mouth down my neck and collarbones before settling on my breasts. For a split second I'm worried about him not liking how small they are, but it disappears when I hear him growl in appreciation as he suckles on one while kneading the other with his big hand, covering it whole.

Then he moves further down my stomach.

"I need to taste you. But if you tell me to stop, I will." He stares into my eyes, waiting for my reaction.

"I don't want you to stop." I shyly tell him, the heat in his gaze making me blush furiously.

"I'm glad to hear that. But you'll have to stay quiet, my love. Despite the thick walls, someone might hear you." He warns with a smirk before kissing his way down my chest and stomach, while his hands remove my shorts.

I'm actually feeling shy about him seeing my most private place, even after being used by so many men before. But having someone I love see me like this is different, I want to satisfy him.

I barely stop myself from moaning out loud when Hunter's mouth connects with my core. I bite my lip hard, almost drawing blood, before deciding that I won't be able to stop myself for much longer, so I place a pillow on my face, getting an amused chuckle from Hunter.

The knot in my lower stomach gets tighter and tighter then it finally snaps, making my back arch and a loud scream escape my mouth, which thankfully gets swallowed by the pillow. I feel Hunter's tongue lap up my essence before he moves up my body and kisses me deeply, letting me taste myself on him.

I lie under him, completely breathless, and he leaves wet kisses on my face and neck, nipping and sucking on that one sweet spot near my artery.

"Are you ready?" Hunter asks, keeping his lips near the delicate skin of my throat.

"As ready as I'll ever be." He gives me a deep kiss before moving back to my neck and sinking his teeth into it. I tense at the pain, but then it turns into unimaginable pleasure, eliciting a hearty moan from me as I melt under Hunter's body. He licks off the blood, but before he can move away from me, I roll us over and basically attack his neck with my lips, searching for a spot to put my mark on. I have this unexplainable desire to mark him, it's like my soul demands claiming this man as mine. Once I hear a deep growl from Hunter, I know I found the right spot, so I let my instincts take over and sink my teeth into his skin.

Just like Hunter did to me, I lick away his blood, then trail my lips over his sharp jaw until I reach his mouth. He immediately takes charge and rolls us over so I'm under him while we get lost in the throes of passion.

And we mate.