Chapter 17

Skye

The walk to the training area is short, spent chatting and joking about how hungry the guys are by now. Luna's sons don't say anything, just carrying the dishes filled with food we prepared earlier.

The Alpha is the first to notice us, grinning lovingly at his mate. "Angel!" He greets Luna cheerfully, hugging her tightly once she's close enough, not even minding the fact that he's shirtless.

"My love." Luna returns his greeting with a searing kiss, completely ignoring everyone around them.

I avert my gaze from them, not really wanting to see the Alpha pair's affection, and I don't notice someone coming up behind me.

"Hey, baby." Familiar arms snake around me, as Hunter hugs me to his hard bare chest. Due to hard workout he must've gotten during the training, his scent is much stronger than usual as sweat pours out his pores.

"Hi." What was supposed to be a confident greeting ends up a quiet squeak.

"Cute." I hear him mutter into the crook of my neck.

"We brought some food for you all. Skye helped with the cooking." Luna tells everyone, winking at me with a proud smile on her face.

The guys don't waste a second, walking up to Luna's sons and digging into the food. Thank goddess Sarah thought about taking plates for them. I'm surprised no one complains about the food, considering the hardships Diana, Sarah, Jane and I went through to make it, mainly due to me not being able to cook.

Hunter takes his plate and leads me away from everyone, sitting on the ground by a huge tree. He pulls me down to sit in his lap, getting an embarrassed whine from me once I notice the teasing looks we get from everyone around. Hunter doesn't seem to mind, settling me between his thighs, wrapping one of his arms around my waist, keeping me still.

"Since you're so keen on moving away, you'll have to feed me." Hunter smugly states, tightening his arms around me.

I settle for a sigh, knowing I won't win against him even if I try. Then I take his plate from him and feed him piece by piece, scolding him every time he playfully nips at my fingers.

Once he's done eating, he puts the plate on the ground and I lean my head against his hard chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

"How was the training?" I break the silence, curious about the reason all of the guys looked so tired when we came.

"Hard, as always. – he sighs, rubbing my arm absentmindedly – Now I get why mom said you're not ready for that yet. We will have to work on your strength and endurance before we start with your fighting training. I don't want you to get hurt."

I nod in understanding, settling comfortably against my mate, letting his scent and warmth engulf me as I watch the pack members around the clearing.

Alpha and Luna are sitting by a tree with their younger sons, Shane, Aiden and Asher around them, having sort of a family meal even in these circumstances; Diana, Sarah and Jane sit with few younger guys, refilling their plates once they're done eating, getting happy grins from them every time. Those boys sure can eat. In just few minutes, all the food is gone into the guys' stomachs.

"Do you have to leave?" Hunter asks once the ladies gather the dishes and Luna's sons take them back to Diana's house.

"Do you want me to stay?" I'm kinda surprised, since the guys still have to finish their training. So what am I supposed to do here?

"Of course I want you to stay. I missed you all day." He buries his face in the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent.

"But I don't want to bother you while you train."