Chapter 21

"Dr. Shona, would you able to do this, would you able to stitch this open wound, when the patient is neither in his full senses nor still?" Sanskar asked solemnly while looking deep inside Shona's thoughtful eyes.

In a situation like this he unknowingly behaved like he can trust Shona Ahmed Khan, an intern more than an ER specialist.

Shona think for a while, then sighed and nodded. "I can do that, it's not so difficult."

She came forward boldly, took the seat and slightly touch the patient's arm, then blew air on it and just like that he made the drunk man believe that his arm is already numb and he couldn't feel anything.

Sanskar held his arm and Shona stitched his wound. The procedure has done in no time and the team of Sanskar and Shona moved from that patient.

"Now where are you heading?"

Sanskar called Shona because she was moving out of the ward.

"I am going to the restroom and for your kind information I am not so drowsy to make any mistake over there, kindly please don't follow me there." Shona said annoyingly and walked fast before Sanskar will say anything else.

Ahh, that was unimaginable embarrassing. The day hasn't even passed half and Sanskar was already annoyed. He wanted to end it here but heard the same whistle from behind.

Laksh came with a teasing smirk on his face and said, "Sanskar, it's a bet for being her assistant, not for bossing her around."

Sanskar looked around and pulled Laksh from his collar towards an isolated corner.

"Lucky, behave yourself, you don't need to surveillance on me and If you are keeping eye on me, than you must know that I am completing my bet sincerely, so don't get into my skin, otherwise in the next roll call you will be called by your real name and I will announce you my younger brother." Sanskar said between with indignant and frustration.

It's already exasperating for him to follow around the intern and didn't let anybody know that he is assisting Dr. Shona Ahmed Khan, now this Lucky is getting on his nerves.

Even though Laksh was horrified by Sanskar's anger, he enjoyed his condition in his heart.

"Why are you getting on me, when you lost the bet, what did I do?" Laksh said innocently.

"Lucky, you punk, you will be dead by me."

Sanskar showed him fist, glaring him with fire spitting eyes.

Laksh held his wrist fast and said, "Alright, big brother, I apologizes and right from this moment I am getting my butt out of your sight, enjoy." Laksh said it teasingly and ran out of the ward.

Sanskar rubbed his palm in his hair and punched his fist on the wall. This is the worst day of his life, since he graduated from medical college.

"Here is the emergency patient." Paramedic yelled while pushing the stretcher.

Sanskar saw Shona was taking the case detail, now he have to go to her again.

"She is 19 years old, fallen from the stairs and injured her head and lower abdomen. We didn't find anything more but she lost too much of blood."

Paramedics gave the all case details to Shona with vitals, pulse, pressure.

The girl was unconscious. Shona checked her wound on forehead, then her eyes, chest and every single details, then asked nurse to arrange her blood type, the IV drip and 20cc injection, whereas Sanskar perfomed his duties as assistant and made it ready for the stitches.