Chapter 10

“Thank you, Dr. SM.” Shona said boldly.

After listening to the appointed duties, Shona crouched a little as she was in gratitude and took the file to the emergency ward.

Alas, Sanskar didn’t get to see any fear or tension on Shona's face for the tough duty. It disappointed him in his heart, but didn’t let it reflect on his face. And walked out of the classroom.

“Everybody, move to your departments.” Dr. Arjun ordered. He then noticed the tension on Ragini's face and disappointed in his sister. According to him, she is a good for nothing.

“Also, if you have any problems with your duties or departments.......” Arjun said these words overbearingly while looking at Ragini deeply.

A pang of happiness arrived at Ragini’s face by Arjun’s words, which vanished like a thin air after listening to him further.

“Then, please don’t come to me, otherwise it may only increase.”

All started moving towards their respective departments when Shona heard some gossip about her and Dr. Sanskar.

“OMG, such a tough job on the first day itself, it’s like a punishment. Why did Dr. Sanskar punish an intern on the first day?”

“Emergency ward, to an intern on her first day. I just can’t understand the reason behind Dr. Sanskar’s decision.”

“Why did Dr. Sanskar meddle in Dr. Arjun’s work?”

“Even I don’t get why Dr. SM is taking an interest in this new intern that, for the first time he interfered in Dr. Arjun’s decision?”

“Huh, is she the only intelligent doctor in this batch? Why did Dr. SM give her such a tremendous responsibility?”

Some hospital staff and a few interns were whispering such types of gossip and giving weird looks to Shona while passing by her.

Shona released a sigh and looked at her friend. She was least bothered by all these gossips her concentration was on Ragini's grumpy face.

“Hey, RM What has happened, why the sudden long face?”

“My department is my problem. Dr. Arjun appointed me in this department on purpose.” Ragini Said and gulped down the lump of saliva. She was on the verge of shedding tears.

Shona and Pragya gave weird look to each other.

“Don’t be silly Ragini, General ward is a very common department, 4 interns got this duty, and even PS has the same as yours.” Shona said and hit Pragya's shoulder playfully.

Pragya rubbed her shoulder with a pout and said to Shona, “True, but I guess Dr. SM has appointed the emergency ward to you on purpose.”

Even though Shona knows that Pragya's doubt is correct, her duty does not bother her. Being skillful, hardworking and a self-believer, she knows how to deal with such kinds of challenges.

“Doesn’t matter, I will handle it.”

Shona has a confident smile, whereas Ragini has a sad look.

“But I can’t deal with this. That Mansi and Manav are in the same department with me, they both never leave a chance to bully me.” Ragini said helplessly.

“I don’t get it. Why do you take their nonsense, refute them in the way they treat you, you are not a kid?” Pragya said annoyingly.

“PS is right, RM, you should take a stand for yourself. Be strong, don’t let anybody bully you.” Shona tried to motivate Ragini, but discomfort was written all over her face.