33.

The next day was like any other day so far.

It was a Monday, what do you expect?

I'd gotten up early today so I made my way to the common shower and took one, then put on suitable clothes for my classes which usually meant putting on a hoodie over my worn t-shirt.

Glancing over at my room-mate, I rolled my eyes and padded over to Louis' bed, poking him with a devilish grin. Being extremely ticklish, he squirmed wildly, trying to dodge my attacks as he giggled, then seized my hands.

With a playful scowl, he finally let go of my hands, and I pointed to the clock with an eyeroll, even though it was pretty damn early. But Louis being Louis merely rolled his eyes and slipped back into bed.

Oh, no. Not again.

I climbed on top of Louis' bed and jumped on him, making him gasp as he shoved me off. I fell to the ground and rolled around in laughter. It was so damn fun riling Louis up, when it was always the other way around usually.

I sat up on the ground, grinning when Louis met my eyes, his narrowed.

Morning, I signed cheekily. Louis smiled.

Liam didn't sleep over? I teased, and Louis after reading what I said, blushed.

Cute. They seemed legit now. And I was very happy for my best friend. Louis did deserve someone like Liam, who would do anything to keep his guy happy.

Louis had told me that Liam had been the one to ask him to be his boyfriend.

Not today, no. He cocked his head to the side. When are you gonna snog Mr. Malik though? Louis signed cheekily, and I blushed madly, scrambling up and smacking him.

But kissing Zayn, damn. It feels to surreal to even be true.

Grabbing his clothes, Louis then disappeared out of the room to go to the bathrooms, and as I had nothing better to do, decided to loiter outside. But if I went to my bench right now which was a good distance away, I won't be able to make it back in time for the classes.

Climbing down the empty stairs, I stuck my hands in the pocket of my hoodie, and fighting the shiver of the cold morning wind, I made my way outside the dorm building, crossing the employee's rooms to get to the school building.

And out of habit, I glanced up at Zayn's window, who of course must still be in bed. Damn, Louis and I were earlybirds, I realised, as I saw the sky starting to tint pink and yellow.

As soon as I stepped inside the other building, someone tapped me on the shoulder, making me start.

I spun around with a hand on my heart, my heartbeat doubling even more as my eyes took in Zayn, standing there in a loose oversized cream colored sweater, grey beanie, his trademark skinny jeans and Doc Martens. I gulped, shooting Zayn a warm smile which he returned.

What are you doing up so early? He signed, an eyebrow raised.

I blushed. What are you doing up so early?

Zayn smirked. I had to finish setting up for today's new class. And you? He crossed his arms.

I'm kind of an earlybird. Even on Mondays, I wrinkled my nose as I put my hands down. Wow, I'm so lame.

Well, I'm glad I caught you. C'mon, I want to show you something, Zayn signed, a sly smile playing on his lips as he passed an arm around my shoulder, leading me to his art room.

And suddenly it hit me. This was the first time Zayn and I had been alone together, in some place other than the bench. And my stomach was twisting in a good way as I thought about this, as I felt Zayn's arm now curled across my lower back.

I still kept reminding myself to not just lose myself in this. Zayn, amazing perfect Zayn actually fancied me. Returned my feelings. And he has convinced me that he means everything he said. And I make him happy just as much as he makes me.

But I just can't bring myself to be a hundred percent sure about this.

And I want to smack myself for that.

Why can't I just go with the flow?

Why doesn't cautious, pessimistic Niall ever let horny, bold Niall take control?

As soon as we entered the art class, Zayn slipped his hand into mine, entwining my fingers, making my cheeks heat up as I met his eyes; his shining with happiness. I bit my lower lip to suppress a smile.

Oh my God. Oh my God.

I finally took in the art class, where easels were sat up for today's class, like Zayn had told me.

Zayn led me to his desk as he let go of my hand. Opening his desk with the lock, he pulled out a folded paper and gave it to me.

It's a letter. I know it wasn't my turn, or maybe it was, but I wanted to say something. Actually a lot. Just.. Read it, Zayn signed, then ruffled his hair, smiling at me cutely as I smiled back and nodded, twisting the square note in my hands.

Meeting Zayn's eyes, we both kept staring at each other, my breathing slowing, as Zayn finally reached forward and grabbed my wrist, pulling me close to him.

We're okay here, trust me, he signed as he noticed I was tense, and I nodded, taking a deep breath as I met his beautiful, sincere eyes.

I can't believe this is happening. Zayn and I, alone. Will something happen?

Well I don't really care. Being alone with Zayn like this, whether we're talking or anything else, is the best thing for me.

As I felt Zayn entwine our fingers together again, squeezing our hands as if to silently reassure me, my lips curved into an awed smile.

This is the first time I've ever considered myself the luckiest fucker.

---

Well then ;)

More Ziall in the next one!

~ramie x