16.

I took a deep breath and willed myself to move forward.

I took down the path that lead to the small area cut into the cliff and surrounded by rocks, and also my favorite place when the scenic bench was at.

I easily slipped and stepped down the rocks, the path now very familiar to me, but my nervousness made me stumble a bit in some places.

When I reached the bench, Zayn was sitting there with his shoulders hunched and elbows on his knees, twisting an apple in his hands, looking out to the sea.

Zayn wasn't wearing his glasses today, and looked absolutely gorgeous in blue jeans and a maroon hoodie with the sleeves pulled up, showing his huge collection of meaningful tattoos.

Zayn lifted his head up as he heard me approach, shooting me a relieved grin. He then tossed me the apple, and I struggled to catch it.

An apple for the apple boy, Zayn signed with an eyebrow wiggle, and I laughed unintentionally, sitting down next to him and laying my backpack down my my feet.

I looked back up from the red apple in my hands and met Zayn's caramel brown eyes, who was staring at me with a small smile. I realised with a start that we were sitting much closer than before, but I made no move and Zayn didn't seem to mind either.

I raised an eyebrow in question, biting into the apple.

You have a beautiful laugh, Zayn looked like he meant it. I shyly nodded as a thank you.

Did you get my note?

I nodded again, a blush creeping up my cheeks.

So why was I getting the feeling you were avoiding me? Zayn signed as he turned to me, and I bit on my lower lip, thinking.

I wasn't. I was feeling a bit sick so I stayed in usually, I lied. I wasn't going to ask anything about Curly. No, Niall. Don't do it! This time is yours and Zayn's only.

Oh, I see. Are you feeling okay now? Zayn asked, and he seemed like he geniunely wanted to know my answer.

I nodded with a soft smile, and Zayn returned it.

A few minutes passed. Both of us were sitting in comfortable silence, and I was hyper-aware of the warm body very close to me, just wanting to touch him in some way. Damn, crazy teenage hormones.

I brought my thoughts away from feeling up Zayn, and wondered about why he wanted to meet me here. Was he really that curious as to why I wasn't showing up at the cafeteria?

Are you here again to admire me, or people like me? I teased, surprising myself.

Zayn chuckled. You could say that.

So, what? This place is filled with others like me. Do you admire them all and tell them so? I signed, smiling cheekily.

Zayn squinted his eyes as he ruffled his hair with the hand draped across the back of the bench, looking adorable.

He then lifted his hand off the back to sign, and I kinda missed that.

Not really. I only let the ones who really inspire me know that I admire them, Zayn smiled down at me, and I blushed madly, looking down at my hands, my heart beating furiously, and I wondered if Zayn could hear it.

Zayn tapped my cheek very lightly, and I looked up in shock, my even redder cheek now, tingling where his fingers had brushed.

You don't mind me here, yeah?

I shook my head feverishly.

I feel the exact opposite actually, dear Zayn.

Zayn laughed again, looking down at his shoes. "Great, great," I think he said, smiling to himself.

I love it here too, admiring the waves with you, Zayn signed, then looked out at the waves again, still smiling, as I tried to calm down my heartbeat and keep in my squeals.

Damn, it's a struggle when Zayn Malik is sitting inches from you.

I was also tempted to ask him again who that Curly was, but I resisted the urge. It was not my bussiness.

I was only the Apple boy, and I will gladly take that.

I will gladly take Zayn telling me that I inspire him, that he admires me, and that he likes sitting here with me.