09.

I was in my favorite spot right now.

And allow me tell you a little about my favorite spot of the whole area where this hostel for the deaf and mute was built.

This building was built on the edge of a steep hill over-looking the sea in a quaint area of England, so you could say the whole area was pretty peaceful and scenic.

Maybe to give us... residents some peace of mind or that shit. But eh, the location was one of the very few reasons why I didn't hate this place so much now and had stopped plotting ways to escape.

Yes. I had genuinely wanted to escape from here before, right after my so called mother had dumped me here.

I was drowning in self-pity, and being in this place made me more self-aware than ever.

But then Louis talked me out of it, and told me not to let my family get to me. Show them that I can be happy here and I shouldn't let my disability hold me back from living.

And that was the first time I actually listened to someone's advice and could relate.

Louis and I had become almost brothers since then.

And returning to the subject of my favorite spot, I loved to sit on the bench that was just located within the hostel grounds, but in a quiet corner so anyone rarely came by here.

I love it here. I always come and sit here for hours, just writing, and staring at the sea, the wild waves, trying to imagine what sound they must produce, and how that sound must contribute to the whole ambience of this scene.

I loved to let my mind run wild. I couldn't hear, but that didn't mean I wasn't allowed to imagine, right?

I had conpletely stopped living in the shadow of my disability. I still had episodes where I'd sit and wallow in self-pity.

Today wasn't one of those days. I was feeling pretty positive today.

I kept on scribbling in my journal, occasionally glancing out at the grey sea down below, the evening sun rays glittering off the water, the seagulls looming above.

A light tap on my shoulder jolted me out of my nature-reverie, and I looked sideways, to be met with an equally beautiful sight as that of the sea and the waves.

Mind if I sit here? he signed, his caramel eyes shining with mirth, and after a few seconds if shock, I shook my head no.

Zayn smiled, settling down on the bench beside me but a normal distance away, and I so wanted to eliminate the stupid distance between us.

Zayn didn't say anything, just kept staring out to the sea, a serene expression on his face, and I was having trouble deciding which scene to admire.

I coaxed myself to man up and say (you know what I mean) something, but I didn't.

There was a comfortable silence between us right now. And I was enjoying it too much.

This was more than I could have ever asked for, Zayn was willingly sitting next to me, looking so beautiful, and I wouldn't change this moment for anything.

[sigh, my ziall feels <3
doing a double update in a few ;)]