06.

Today's classes had went great.

I was heading towards the cafeteria for lunch break now, where I'd meet Louis and Liam again.

And of course, see Zayn.

I hadn't seen Zayn at his window today, and that worried me a little because it was out of his routine. He was always sitting by his window at 9 AM.

Did he wake up early? Did he sleep in?

And why am I thinking about this so much?

I exited my Geography class, trying to stuff my textbook back inside my bookbag, but it wasn't cooperating. Groaning, I wrestled with my bag, giving it my full attention as I kept walking.

And so of course I painfully collided with someone who also wasn't looking where they were going, both of us getting knocked back a little from the force.

I glanced up from my hood with a scowl, my eyes widening at the cliche-ness. It just had to be him, eh?

"I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" Zayn said slowly as he steadied me by grabbing my arm, and I nodded shakily, reading his lips, still blinking in shock at the proximity.

Zayn smiled at me warmly before he let go, bending down to pick up his binder and the scattered notes. I hastily helped him, returning him the papers.

Zayn accepted them with another soft smile that made my stomach flutter. "Ahh, you're the boy who always has an apple for lunch!" Zayn snapped his fingers, and I gaped at him a little. He recognized me. "Thank you..."

Niall, I signed, moving my gaze away from those lips of his.

Pretty cool name, Zayn signed back with a grin, his binder tucked under his arm. I blushed, shrugging, hiding my smile.

Zayn's eyes widened, and he bent down so his face was leveled to mine. I jerked back in shock.

Zayn pulled back, laughing softly. Sorry about that. But I think this is the first time I've seen you smile. You should do it more.

I put my hands back down, but then signed again hesitantly. Thank you.

Zayn turned to the cafeteria and then signed to me, Don't mention it. Now let's go have some lunch. You're having more than an apple today.

And I had no choice but to comply.

And as I followed Zayn the way to the cafeteria, him shooting me an occasional smile, I was feeling numb with shock and happiness.

What in the world just happened?