32.

Louis laughed and punched Liam in the arm, both still smiling and then bursting out laughing at each other, as they approached Ashton and I, and we kept sharing facts about each other. Ashton was a fun guy.

I just learned that he was from Australia. I found it funny how neither of us are originally from England.

And he really likes ponies. Um, okay.

Louis plopped down next to me and pulled his backpack from beside me, taking out his water bottle and taking a swig. He then offered it to Liam, who had noticed Ashton and shot him a small smile, the curly haired boy shyly returning the gesture.

Louis put his water bottle down on the grass between his crossed legs.Who's this?  he signed, curiously staring at Ashton.

I smiled. This is Ashton, from Australia, I signed cheekily, and I saw Ashton giggle as he rolled his eyes.

Nice to meet ya, Aussie Ashton! Louis signed rapidly, then stuck his hand out, making Ashton blink. He then shook Lou's hand with a dimpled smile, followed bu Liam's.

Louis suddenly grinned, harshly shaking Liam's shoulder, then pointed to the table laid under the trees, where the volunteers were currently setting up lunch items.

Liam chuckled adoringly as Louis practically hauled him up and dragged his boyfriend to the refreshments table.

Ashton and I shared a look then laughed, following the two boys.

• • •

We were all sat around the huge table under the shade, enjoying turkey sandwiches and pasta, and honestly, I loved days like these more than I did before.

I actually preferred the solitude lf my room, but lately, I've found being around my friends to be more comforting.

I kept sneaking glances at Zayn who was sat right in front of me, my cheeks tinted pink as Zayn was teasingly nudging my foot with his under the table.

Oh my God.

I had jumped when he'd done it the first time.

Ashton suddenly nudged me, and I looked away from Zayn who was now having a conversation with Becca, one of the other volunteers.

Can I have that? Ashton signed, pointing to my second half eaten sandwich still in my hand, and I shrugged, offering it to him.

But instead of taking it, the silly boy took a bite out of the sandwich still in my hands, and I chuckled, deciding to feed it to him.

We were both laughing like idiots when we was finished, and I ruffled Ashton's hair, already feeling like we were long lost friends. It was so easy to be comfortable around him.

Louis too shot me a meaningful smile, and I knew what it meant. He was proud of me.

Out the corner of my eye, I kept feeling Zayn intensely staring at me from time to time, and it made me feel all warm. He'd never done anything like this before. But he'd pulled his foot away from mine, and was not looking at me anymore when I glanced up at him.

We were friends of course, and even more than that, but of course no one can know.

Zayn might be a volunteer, but he was also a teacher here and me a student, no matter if I wasn't in his art class.

The whole secrecy thing excited me though.

But I wasn't a stupid kid. In the back of my mind, I had mentally prepared myself for the inevitable. That this was not a permanent thing. Zayn will lose interest because well, I'm... me. And he's Zayn.

But for now, I'll take Zayn's word. And for now, I won't take any of this for granted.

Mr. Malik, I'm Ashton! I'm excited to be in your art class! Ashton animatedly signed to Zayn as he finally glanced at him, who read it and offered Ashton a small smile, making him blush and made my smile slip away.

Don't be jealous, Niall. Jealousy is stupid. It isn't pretty.

Oh, yeah? Cool, Zayn signed, smiling warmly, but then turned away from Ashton and I a split second later, making me frown.

Did I actually see Zayn being... Rude? I glanced back at Ashton, who frowned a little, bit shrugged it off.

Hey Niall? Can you show me the other classrooms? I wanna get used to everything before tomorrow, Ashton signed, and I nodded, as we both picked up our plates and stood up.

Louis and Liam were still feeding each other. Puke.

Zayn raised his hand to grab our attention. Actually... Ashton? Niall here has a whole different curriculum. I think someone from your grade would be a better guide for you, Zayn slowly signed to Ashton, but his eyes were on me, and for the first time ever, he actually seemed... irritated? With Ashton? What did he do?

Ashton blinked, then fumbled with his plate as he put it down. Sure sir. I'll ask my room-mate.

Zayn smiled. Good. See you tomorrow in class.

Mr. Malik's kinda... Ashton waved his hands, alright? He scrunched his nose up. We were inside the building now, and Ashton was headed to go find his room-mate. Luke- something, he'd said his name was.

I shrugged. He's actually super nice. I think you got on his bad side, I don't know why. But good luck, you'll wow him with your art skills, I signed then patted his shoulder with a grin.

Thanks Niall! You're really cool! Ashton signed, then surprised me with a hug. I chuckled, hugging him back as I ruffled his hair.

Today wasn't a bad day, not a bad day at all.

• • •

Sorry for the uber late update .-.

Oblivious, adorable Ashton making Ziall jealous aha! He's a catalyst, that cute little thing xD

#Lashton, ahem? ;)

Thank you for all the feedback on this book! Love you guys <3 :*

-zarrycupcake xx