14.

Why is he even here, today of all days?

Was Zayn here because of me? Did he notice I was avoiding him?

I then mentally rolled my eyes. I'm not that special. He must have not even noticed that I hadn't come to the cafeteria for two days.

Why would he? We're just friends, and we've technically just talked once. Twice, if you count the apple incident. 

Zayn's a teacher here, so of course he must be here to teach or something.

Zayn entered the class just then, and I shared a quick look with Louis.

Good morning class, Zayn signed, smiling warmly.

As some of you are my students, you must know that I also teach Art here, Zayn looked around the class, and I did everything to avoid eye-contact with him, just kept my eyes on his hands.

I felt Zayn's gaze on me, but I refused to meet his eyes.

I could also see Louis disapproving gaze on me out the corner of my eye.

I know I was still being stupid for ignoring Zayn like this, but I was doing this for the best. I know I'm going to say something even more mortifying out of my jealousy if I talk to Zayn again.

But I just realised this. I have a crush on Zayn. A strong, deep crush that formed the minute I laid eyes on him.

And it will be impossible to get rid of that crush.

So why am I torturing myself? If Curly is Zayn's boyfriend, so I will be happy for Zayn. But I'm helpless about my crush.

One can never un-crush Zayn.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to talk to him again and end up professing my infatuation to him out of jealousy.

I'm not going to keep you guys from your English class. I just wanted to ask if any of you were interested for signing up for the creative art competition, Zayn waved his clipboard.

If anyone is interested, contact me after your class. Thank you, Zayn signed at us, then nodded at Mr. Adams.

Zayn was about to leave, but then turned around. He walked to my desk, and I had no choice but to look up at him.

Can I talk to you after your class, Niall? I have something important to discuss, Zayn signed with a small smile, and I nodded minutely, still frozen in shock.

Zayn walked out of class, and Mr. Adams started his lecture. But I couldn't even concentrate on anything but what will happen after class.