28.

This is Zayn's first ever letter that he wrote in response to mine, the one after I had started to so stupidly avoid him because of my own insecurites, and he had sent through Louis. I'm going to keep it between the pages of my journal, forever. Because honestly, it makes me a squealing and blushing mess whenever I read it, and manages to lift my mood. Zayn Malik has the tendency to do that.

-Niall

• • •

Dear Apple Boy,

I haven't been seeing you around lately, are you alright? You're worrying me.

I always saw you everyday at the cafeteria, it's not like you to get out of your routine much. And that isn't a bad thing either!

The last time I'd seen you was when you swung by at my Art class to give me your first letter when I was talking to Harry about managing the upcoming fundraising bonfire... Wait. Are you upset about Harry? What for?

He's just a good friend, Nialler! Nothing else! I have told you that before when you'd asked me. I have no idea why I want to explain myself and Harry's relation to you again, but I do. There's nothing between me and Harry. Nothing.

Oh God. Harry didn't do anything to you, right?! I want you to always tell me if something like that happens, alright?!

I'd been at the bench everyday including today, but you didn't show up. I assmued you must have gotten bored and wanted a change. It's not my place to ask you why, though I was worried. Still am.

I have been tempted to knock on your door and ask you to come out more times than I'm willing to admit, but I didn't. I had stood at your dorm door so many times and walked away. Because I respect your privacy.

But aren't I an idiot? I see your feather-haired friend everyday, but hadn't thought to ask him about you. Or give him my letter to you. Mostly because I'm so used to you talking to me everyday and I never had to ask your friends.

I admit. You're the highlight of my day with your cuteness and your comments about everything and--sorry, creep alert, haha.

But I'm giving my letter to Louis today, and when I asked him if he'll convey my letter to you, he willingly agreed, and also told me that you were worried that I was ignoring you for Harry, and didn't appreciate our friendship. Isn't that ridiculous?

Your friend is too cute.

But you are cuter.

Ugh, okay. Sorry. I'm a terrible flirt. But you sure are cute.

And about Harry? What you're thinking is ridiculous. Harry is a work friend of mine, and you are a... everything else friend. :)

Isn't it weird though? Our friendship? It just happened. And I wouldn't change it for anything I assure you.

I hope you'll talk to me Nialler. You're the only good friend I have. The only one who gets me so much.

I realised how much I need you in my life, need your friendship in this past week.

I miss your adorable silent laugh, your vibrant blue eyes, your soft blonde hair always hidden by your hood, and how you see everything so differently and anything you say is so fascinating, and honestly? I miss those secret (or not so secret because your best friend told me he knows) meetings of ours.

Oh my God, please ignore my creepiness. I sound like an obsessed perv.

Okay, I hope I wasn't creepy. I'm just, I'm going to stop writing more before I decide to crumple this one and throw it in the bin.

Woo. Okay.

But what I just wrote is all true, Niall. Don't ever let anyone put you down because you are so much more. You deserve so much more.

You are fascinating, whether you decide to believe me or not.

Well, you are.

At least to me.

I hope you miss me too, just a tad. Even though I sometimes tend to be a bit nosy and persistent and annoying.

So this week apart made me realise how much you have grown on me, in the best way. I like our unusual friendship, I really do. And I sincerely hope it isn't over. That would seriously suck.

I'm sorry if I did anything wrong. Forgive me Nialler?

I still have that surprise to give you. Hope I'll see you at the bench soon. I really miss you.

Love, Zayn Malik

(or The Creepy Guy Who Thinks You're Adorable).

• • •

[i was too excited to post this! satisfied with the first ever zayn perspective chappie? many more to come! :D]