54.

I was standing on the rooftop exactly two hours after midnight, arms wrapped around myself to keep warm as the wind ruffled my hair. I was waiting for Zayn who had fallen asleep but then woken up and texted me (he was in luck that I was awake as well), my eyes fixed on the subdued but still rich landscape of London at night. It was simply beautiful, and I lost count of how many times I'd pinched myself to confirm that it was real.

London was so different from Newcastle, from the change of humidity to the landscape, and the change actually felt refreshing. I wanted to live here for months. Perhaps even longer. With someone of course. Zayn. And Louis too.

Tomorrow we were going to explore London. Now don't get me wrong. I liked my friends and their company, --wreaking havoc with Louis-- but I personally just wanted to escape with Zayn and go on our own but I knew that was really difficult, if not impossible. But hey, I can dream.

When my Zayn actually loving me back and visiting London dreams had came true, I guess I'm entitled to dream a bit bigger now?

I seriously needed to be more grateful and less of a self loathing biťch. Sure my life really sucked sometimes, but I had so many things right now that many people are wishing and dreaming for. And that fact alone gets to me sometimes.

I jumped slightly as slender arms wrapped around my waist, then relaxed into the comfortingly familiar touch, sighing as Zayn gently kissed the back of my neck, sending shivers down my spine as his cologne pleasantly caressed my nose. I missed this. His touch. So damn much. It was scary how addicted I was to him, to his touch and to his voice. His everything.

I turned around in his arms, looking around worriedly but Zayn cupped my face, shaking his head to comfort me that no one could see us, and then, he curled his slender fingers in my windswept hair, and kissed me like I was fragile, but also like it was our last ever kiss. Not like the pecks we stole recently, but like our first ever kiss.

And just like our first kiss, this one had knocked me breathless, leaving me to support myself with arms looped around his neck. I buried my face in Zayn's neck, kissing his jaw. We were in London. This was actually happening. I was in my dream city with someone I love. We were kissing on a hotel rooftop at 2 A.M. How much more romantic can you get? This was the happiest I had ever been. The happiest I could be.

This moment was perfect, we were in our own little world. Just me, him, and the moon.

Zayn threaded our fingers together, giving them a squeeze, then pulling back to sign. He smiled softly as the moonlight illuminated the contours of his face, and I was once again struck with how gorgeous he was. It really wasn't fair.

So we're in London. How are you liking it so far? He signed. I chuckled, locking my eyes with his.

Judging from the time spent in the hotel so far, pretty damn good, I grinned, but Zayn didn't return it, his gaze flicking behind my shoulder then back to the ground.

I ran my fingers over his arm that was now around my waist, as he absent mindedly pulled me closer to himself. Zayn snapped out of his thoughts, stepping back.

Sorry babe, he signed. I frowned.

Something on your mind? I signed.

Zayn shook his head. Nope. Just thinking of tomorrow and how I'm going to sneak you out.

I blinked. Did I see what he signed correctly? Sneak me out?

Zayn laughed at my expression. Yes, I will.

I narrowed my eyes. Don't distract me. I could tell you were worried just now, I said sternly, making Zayn sigh.

Babe, its nothing I promise. Let's just enjoy our time in London yeah? I promise I'll make it worthwhile.

And before I could process his words fully, Zayn kissed me again, his arms protectively around me, then let me go just as quick, giving me that lazy lopsided smile that I both love and hate.

That's favorite Zayn smile #3 I guess, right after his fond smile and his shy smile. The positions keep changing, to be honest.

I know something was bugging Zayn, but it could be anything. I knew from experience it wasn't easy getting something out of Zayn. Unlike me he wasn't an open book and you could never guess what was going on in his head.

And Zayn also carried around the stuff that bothered him, not opening up easily.

Is it about us? I signed worriedly. Okay Niall, that was kinda selfish.

Zayn frowned, then shook his head. No no babe. We're great, yeah? We're perfect, he nodded. It's nothing to worry about, I promise, Zayn signed, then took my hands in his, locking his fervent gaze with mine, and I gulped, nodding.

Okay, I believed him. I had no reason not to. Zayn hadn't given me a reason not to. I knew and hoped he would share it with me if something big was bothering him, like he always did in the time we'd been together.

I leaned on my tip toes and ran my fingers through his hair, loving that I could be the only one who could do this and make Zayn close his eyes and lean into my touch instead of scowling at me.

He opened his eyes again, and I mouthed I'm here for you, making Zayn smile widely.

I know, he mouthed back, ruffling my hair back as revenge.

So tomorrow we're going to Buckingham palace and the London museum. Looking forward to that, Zayn signed, smirking at a private thought. What even is up with this boy?

And also sneak me out, Mr. Malik? I signed, smirking back teasingly. I had no idea what he has planned, but I honestly cannot wait. I had never been this excited for anything. And its safe to say that all the most exciting moments of my almost seventeen year old life are linked to Zayn.

I guess I won't worry about Zayn for now. He'll tell me if something was really bothering him.

Just trust me, he mouthed, then with a cheeky wink, disappeared downstairs.

I do, a lot, and I still can't decide if it's going to come back to me or not.

-----